Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test -2013
The Government of India as per its New Educational Policy envisages to maintain uniform standards of teaching in the country. The candidates besides possessing minimum academic qualifications are required to qualify in a comprehensive test specifically conducted for the purpose of obtaining eligibility for appointment as Lecturers/Assistant Professors. Accordingly UGC, New Delhi has been conducting the UGC-NET Examination regularly. As the State Governments were given an option to conduct their own State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), the Andhra Pradesh College Service Commission was identified as the Nodal Agency to conduct SLET for eligibility for Lectureship in colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
After careful consideration of the matter, the UGC has identified the Osmania University as the State Agency for Andhra Pradesh to conduct the State Eligibility Test (SET) in Andhra Pradesh for 27 subjects for the year 2013.
The details of the criteria for the Application for AP-SET-2013 are as follows:
- Starting date for Submission of Online Application: 05-July-2013
- Final date for Submission of Online Application: 26-July-2013
- Final date for Submission of Online Application with late fee of Rs.100: 31-July-2013
- Final date for Submission of Online Application with late fee of Rs.200: 05-August-2013
- Final date of submission of hardcopy of the Online Application: 10-August-2013
- Date of examination: 22-September-2013
Who Can Apply:
- Candidates who have completed or are pursuing the final year of PG Degree in related subjects
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in Masters Degree courses without rounding off.
- Candidates who are appearing or awaiting results in Masters Degree courses.
- Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed
Note: The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in specified columns as required
- No upper age limit
Number of Attempts:
- Candidates are free to apply as many times as they want. No such restrictions imposed.
- for General Category: Rs. 700
- for Backward Class Category: Rs. 500
- for SC/ST/PH/VH Category: Rs. 250
The application fees can only be paid in shape of a Bank Challan, which can be downloaded from the website http://www.apset.org
Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- The candidates who fulfill the eligibility Criteria are required to apply ONLINE through the website of the APSET or the Osmania University at www.apset.org or at www.osmania.ac.in
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at the above websites
- The candidates need to fill all relevant columns and upload his photo and signature at appropriate spaces on Online Application
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected
- After completion of Online Application, the candidates need to take hardcopies of the Online Application and send that along with fee payment receipts and relevant certificates to the address mentioned below
- Address to send the hardcopy of Application:
The Member Secretary
APSET Office, II-Floor, Block-II, PGRR Center for Distance Education
Osmania University Campus, Hyderabad – 500007 (A.P)
- The candidates are advised to read through the complete application bulletin and then fill up the application form
- It is compulsory for the candidate to appear in all three papers. The candidate who does not appear in paper I and II will not be permitted to appear in paper-III.
- Application form received after closing date will not be entertained
- Only blue ball point pen should be used to mark the answers in the OMR sheet.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh