ASRB National Eligibility Test (NET) October 2013 For Lecturers/ Assistant Professors
Agricultural Scientist Recruitment Board (ASRB) was established in order to support the Indian Council of Agricultural Research and other Agricultural Universities of the State level for selection of competent personnel for the positions of Assistant Professors/ Junior Scientists/ Scientists as well as Lecturers for the research and development of Agricultural Science in India. This board is functioning tirelessly to fulfill its objective of supporting ICAR in finding the right personnel for various levels of operation in India.
With its recent announcement, ASRB is going to conduct the National Eligibility Test (NET) -2013 for selection of adequately competent workforce to join various State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) and other organizations of repute as an Assistant Professor/ Lecturer in Agricultural disciplines. The applications are invited through Online Mode for the NET examination.
The details of the NET-2013 are as follows:
Name of the Test: National Eligibility Test -2013
- Starting date for registration of Online Application Form: 01-Sept-2013 from 00:00 HRs.
- Last date for registration of Online Application Form: 30-Sept-2013 till 23:59 Hrs
- Date for reckoning Age, Education: 01-Aug-2013
- Date of NET Examination: 27-Oct-2013
Important Eligibility Conditions:
- The candidates interested for the NET-2013 must have secured a Masters Degree in concerned branches of Agricultural Science on or before 01-Aug-2013
- One must get the detail information on disciplines and their eligibility qualifications for ASRB National Eligibility Test (NET) 2013 here @ Disciplines and their Eligibility Qualifications.
The applicant must have attended the age of 21 years by 1-Aug-2013. However, there will be no upper age limit for appearing in NET-2013
- For SC/ST/ PWD candidates: Rs.250
- For OBC (Non-Creamy Layer): Rs.500
- For General Unreserved Candidates: Rs.1000
How to Pay the Application Fees:
- The fee must be paid online through Debit/Credit card/ online payment using internet banking/ NEFT through the Website: http://www.asrb.org.in
- The fees can also be paid through Cash deposit Challan in any branch of the Syndicate Bank
- No other form of payment will be accepted by the Board
Number of Attempts:
- Any competent candidate having requisite qualification standards can apply for a maximum of five (5) times for NET for all including M.Sc./ Ph.D holders and the in-service candidates of ICAR. However, SC/ST candidates can take this examination as many times as they want and they have no such restrictions.
- The number of attempts made by the candidates prior to NET–2012 will not be taken into account for counting the number of attempts made
Mode of Selection:
- The candidates appearing for the NET-2013 will be selected on the basis of their performance through a Written Examination followed by an Interview
- There will be 1/3 marks of negative marking for each wrong answer in the NET-2013
- For written examination the question papers will be available in either in English or in Hindi
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
a) The candidates need to apply through ONLINE mode at the website of ASRB at www.asrb.org.in
b) The application must be completed in all respect with factual information
c) Once submitted no request with regard to change of any information will be entertained
d) The applicants must upload their running signature and recent photograph at the space provided in the Online Application
e) The applications are advised to keep a hardcopy of the Online Application form and fee payment cahllan for future reference
f) The decision of the Board will be final and binding on the candidates for selection.
One must refer to official advertisement here http://asrb.org.in/images/Notification%20National.pdf to get in detail information on examination centres with code, examination pattern and syllabus, how to apply online effectively, and other important notes.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh