Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) is the state level nodal agency mandated for recruitment of competent positions through various government and subsidiary departments. With an intention to fill up various vacancies under the state government the Assam Public Service Commission will hold the Preliminary Examination of the Combined Competitive Examination 2013 for screening candidates for the Main Examination for recruitment to the under-mentioned services/ posts in accordance with the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination Rule.
The details of the application and the procedure for submission of application are detailed as under: Advertisement No: 21PSC/E-2/2013-2014
Most Important Dates:
- Date of publication of the Advertisement: 11-Aug-2013
- Starting date for Registration of Online Application: 20-Aug-2013
- Last date for Registration of Online Application: 19-Sept-2013
- Date for determining Age and other eligibility conditions: 01-Jan-2013
Details of the Vacancies: Total 241 vacancies out of which 68 posts are reserved for women
- Assam Civil Service (Junior Grade): 90 posts
- Assam Police Service (Junior Grade): 60 posts
- Assistant Registrar of Cooperative Societies: 07 Posts
- Superintendent of Taxes: 11 Posts
- Inspector of Taxes: 13 Posts
- Labor Officer: 03 Posts
- Assistant Employment Officer: 27 Posts
- Labor Inspector: 11 Posts
- Inspector of Excise: 16 Posts
- District Transport Officer: 03 Posts
NOTE: Reservation for SC, ST, OBC, MOBC and others are applicable as per the state government rules of Assam.
Pay Scale Provisions:
- Assam Civil Service (Junior Grade): Rs.12500 – Rs.40000 and Grade Pay 5400, in Pay Band-4.
- Assam Police Service (Junior Grade), Assistant Registrar of Cooperative Societies, Superintendent of Taxes, Inspector of Taxes & Labor Officer: Rs.12000 – Rs.40000 and Grade Pay 5400, in Pay Band-4.
- Assistant Employment Officer, Labor Inspector, Inspector of Excise, & District Transport Officer: Rs.8000 – Rs.35000 and Grade Pay 4300, in Pay Band-3.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per rules
- The applicants must be in the age group of 21 – 38 years as on 01-Jan-2013. However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST and other privileged candidates.
- The candidates interested for these posts should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized institute/ University. Applicants awaiting results by the last date of submission of application may not apply for these posts.
- For SC/ ST category: Rs.25
- For all others: Rs.50
- The application fee can only be paid in form of cash deposit e-Challan as available at the website of the Assam PSC in any branch of State Bank of India
- The journal number thus obtained must be uploaded on the Online portal of Assam PSC for completing the application form submission.
- No other forms of payment will be accepted
Mode of Selection:
- Depending upon the availability of candidature the Commission will conduct a Preliminary Written Examination and followed by the Main Examination (Written and Interview) for selection of candidates for these posts.
- The due course of selection will be intimated by the APSC and is made available on the website of APSC at www.apsc.nic.in
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions may apply online through the website of the APSC at www.apsc.nic.in
- The candidates are advised to go through the information bulletin before applying for these posts
- The form should be filled with facts and authentic information
- The applicants must remit their fees and upload the journal number on the online application portal.
- The candidates must complete their Online application before the last date prescribed
- The applicants must retain the copy of e-challan, registration number and the hardcopy of online application for future reference.
- One must refer to official advertisement here http://apsc.nic.in/Advt.%20O6_2013_on_12.08.2013.pdf
Post Author: Priyanka Singh