BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) is known to be the single largest operator of telecomm in India. Being a central government cadre of operation, the job prospects with BSNL is greatly preferred by people who would like to adopt a central government job. The BSNL is operating with various state level telecomm circles across the country and presently it is serving around 95 million customers in India. The BSNL regularly invites recruitment of competent professionals for its various cadres of operation. The pay packages are adequately compensated with national standard and with adequate security features for the deserving mass.
With its recent proposal for acquiring potential human resource for the Andhra Pradesh Telecomm Circle, BSNL intends to recruit 300 numbers of Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) through Andhra Pradesh Telecom Circle for its 22 different Secondary Switching Areas (SSAs).
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
Advt No: TA/RE/22-9/2012
Mode of Application:
The applications are invited through prescribed application format only as available at the website of BSNL at http://ap.bsnl.co.in
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 13-May-2013 by 5:00 PM
- Last date for fee Payment: 13-May-2013
- Dates for Online Examination: 30-June-2013
Name of the Post: Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) in Group-C cadre
Details of the Vacancies (SSA wise): Total 300 Positions
- Adilabad – 07 posts (UR-3, OBC-2, SC-2, ST-0)
- Ananthapur – 22 Posts (UR-13, OBC-5, SC-3, ST-1)
- Chittor – 27 posts (UR-14, OBC-7, SC-4, ST-2)
- Cuddapa – 12 posts (UR-6, OBC-4, SC-2, ST-0)
- East Godavari – 22 posts (UR-8, OBC-7, SC-4, ST-3)
- Guntur – 12 posts (UR-8, OBC-3, SC-1, ST-0)
- Hyderabad – 37 posts (UR-18, OBC-10, SC-6, ST-3)
- Karimnagar – 6 posts (UR-4, OBC-2, SC-0, ST-0)
- Khammam – 2 posts (UR-1, OBC-0, SC-1, ST-0)
- Krishna – 20 posts (UR-12, OBC-4, SC-3, ST-1)
- Kumool – 27 posts (UR-13, OBC-8, SC-4, ST-2)
- Mahabubnagar – 17 posts (UR-10, OBC-4, SC-2, ST-1)
- Medak – 1 post (UR-1, OBC-0, SC-0, ST-0)
- Nalgonda – 13 posts (UR-7, OBC-3, SC-2, ST-1)
- Nellore – 6 posts (UR-5, OBC-1, SC-0, ST-0)
- Nizamabad – 14 posts (UR-12, OBC-0, SC-1, ST-1)
- Prakasham – 12 posts (UR-8, OBC-3, SC-1, ST-0)
- Srikakulam – 1 post (UR)
- Vishakapatnam – 2 Posts (UR)
- Vizainagaram – 4 posts (UR-0, OBC-0, SC-3, ST-1)
- Warangal – 11 posts (UR-5, OBC-3, SC-2, ST-1)
- West Godavari – 25 posts (UR-13, OBC-7, SC-3, ST-2)
Apart from this there will be 3% reservation in parallel for PWD candidates in certain SSAs (Please refer to the original advt at AP BSNL website)
Scale of Pay:
- The selected candidates will be eligible to receive Rs.13600-25420 in IDA Pattern.
- The applicants selected as TTA will required to serve BSNL in Pan-India basis although they will be primarily confined to their respective SSA, where they will apply. The jobs are transferable on temporary and permanent basis.
- Academic Qualification:
The candidates should have completed a Three Years Engineering Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Radio Engineering, Computer Engineering, Instrumentation/ Instrument Technology, Information Technology, OR M.Sc (Electronics). Apart from this no other qualification will be acceptable.
- Age: The age of an applicant must be between 18 to 27 year of age as on last date of submission of application. However, there will be relaxation for SC, OBC and PWD candidates as per rules.
- Registration in Employment Exchange: The applicants having Employment Exchange registration number from the concerned SSA will be preferred, but it is not mandatory.
- The total probation period will be for two years from the date of joining.
Service Bond and Training:
- The total candidates selected for joining will have to sign a Bond with BSNL to serve the BSNL for a minimum period of 2 years. The selected candidates will be subjected to training and after successful completion of training, they will be appointed as TTA in the concerned SSA
- The selection will be done through competitive Written Examination and Interview
- Candidates will be further selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
- For SC/ PWD: Fees Exempted
- For all Others: Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred only)
- The fee can be paid in the shape of Crossed Indian Postal Order / Bank Draft drawn in the favour of Account Officer (Cash)/ Account Officer (Cash) Main, O/o GMTD/PGMT of the SSA concerned and should be payable at the BSNL Headquartered city (for details please refer to www.ap.bsnl.co.in for exact addresses)
- Fee remitted in other formats such as Money Order or Cheque will be rejected
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the portal of BSNL, Andhra Pradesh Circle at www.ap.bsnl.co.in
- After applying, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and DD or Pay Order (fees) and send that through registered post/ speed post to the address mentioned at the complete advertisement on or before 13-May-2013
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “Application For The Post Of Telecom Technical Assistant Under Direct Recruitment -2012 in ………………………….SSA”
Post Author: Priyanka Singh