Central Electronics Limited (CEL) is a Schedule ‘B’, Public Sector Enterprise, under the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology and is engaged in manufacturing of Solar Photovoltaic Cells, Module & Systems, Railway Electronics Systems and Microwave Electronics Systems.
CEL is one of the rare companies, which utilized the home-grown technologies during all these years of its existence. CEL has developed a number of products for the first time in the country through its own R&D efforts and in close association with the premier National & International Laboratories including Defence Laboratories. CEL has been awarded a number of times with prestigious awards including National Award for R&D by DSIR.
With its recent plan of acquisition of potential human resource, CEL invites applications from young, energetic & result oriented Graduate Engineers in its operation. This post will be preliminary on a contractual basis for two years which is further extendable on performance basis for one more year. On the basis of exemplary performance during the contractual period, the incumbents may also be considered for absorption in regular cadre of the Company.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria for application are detailed as below:
Name of the Position: Graduate Engineers
Number of Vacancies:
- Graduate Engineer – Electronics & Communication: 08 Positions
- Graduate Engineer – Mechanical: 02 Positions
- Graduate Engineer – Material Science/ Physics/ Chemistry: 04 Positions
- Reservation for SC/ST/ OBC will be applicable as per the government norms
- Starting date for online registration of application for GATE-2014: 02-Sept-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 01-Oct-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 03-Oct-2013
- Starting date for online registration of application at CEL: 01-Jan-2014
- Last Date of Online Registration of Application by CEL: 20-Jan-2014
Important GATE-2014 Eligibility Factor:
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2014.
- Based on the GATE-2014 marks and requirement, candidates will be shortlisted at 1st stage of selection.
- Without GATE-2014 valid score card, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
- Full time Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree holders in relevant disciplines with at least 65% marks are eligible to apply for these positions.
- Final year/semester students are also eligible to apply provided they obtain at least 65% marks in their final Engineering Degree/ Masters Degree examination
- A candidate must be within a maximum age of 27 years as on 31-Aug-2013
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates (SC/ST/PWD/OBC etc.)
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Graduate Engineers in the above disciplines through CEL must have appeared in GATE-2014 in the relevant disciplines and posses a valid GATE-2014 score
- Based only on the GATE-2014 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines. GATE-2013 score will not be considered valid for this recruitment.
- Further selection will be based on Group Discussion / Group Task and Personal Interview.
- The list of short listed candidates for Group Discussion/Personal Interview will be available in the website of CEL at http://www.celindia.co.in/ and also communicated to the candidates through e-mail
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
- The final induction will be done after clearing the Pre-Employment Medical Training
- The candidates selected as Graduate Engineers will receive a starting pay of Rs.23000 per month during their first year of absorption on contract basis
- This will be enhanced to Rs.24000 for the second year of engagement
- On exemplary performance the candidates may be absorbed on a permanent scale with the CEL with CTC of around Rs.5.5 lakhs per annum (initial scale) in the E-2 band.
- In addition, the selected candidates may be considered for DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the CEL.
- For SC/ST/PWD: Fees exempted
- For all others: Rs.250
- The fees can be deposited through a Bank Draft drawn in favour of ‘Central Electronics Limited’ and payable at Ghaziabad/New Delhi.
- Candidates are advised to write their name, GATE-2014 Registration Number and post applied on the reverse side of the bank draft
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply for GATE-2014 with their candidature through single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) or on the websites of www.iitkgp/gate2014.com or any other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore website
- With the GATE-2014 registration Number, these candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of the CEL at http://www.celindia.co.in/career.asp from 01-Jan-2014 onwards.
- The candidates can review the detailed advertisement at the concerned section of the website at http://www.celindia.co.in/career.asp
- The completed Application Form with unique GATE-2014 registration number, recent passport size photograph, and signature along with other credentials should be submitted to the following address so as to reach by the last date mentioned (20-Jan-2014).
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same Original documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
- The envelope containing Application form and other credentials along with the Demand Draft must be super-scribed with “Name of the Post Applied for” on the top of envelope.
- Address to send the Completed Application:
Assistant General Manager(HRD)
Central Electronics Limited
Sahibabad, Distt. Ghaziabad (UP)-201010
Post Author: Priyanka Singh