Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CG PSC) the vital nodal agency of the state engaged in recruitment of Group B and Group A cadre positions in Chhattisgarh. As a government functionary, this PSC is dedicated for offering its services for competent selection of professionals in the higher cadre positions of the government.
Judicial service is considered to be one of the most prestigious services directly under the Presidential Guidelines and Governor of the state as the direct reporting authority for the judges under any state government. The Judicial Services in a state like Chhattisgarh is considered to be of highest repute as far as judicial power and social reputation is considered.
With the recent announcement, the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission has notified for recruitment of 53 vacant posts of Civil Judges (Class-II – Gazetted) through Civil Judge (Entry Level) Examinations 2014 under the Chhattisgarh Lower Judicial Service. Applications are invited from eligible applicants with adequate qualification and experience through online mode only as available at the website of the Chhattisgarh PSC.
The details of the requirements and the eligibility conditions of application are as mentioned underneath:
- Starting date of Online Registration of Application: 01-Mar-2014 from 1200Hours
- Final date for Online Registration of Application: 30-Mar-2014 till 2359 hours
- Dates for correction of already submitted Application (only one time): 31-Mar-2014 from 1200 hours till 06-Apr-2014 up to 2359 hours.
- Date of Preliminary Examination: 22-June-2014
Name & Number of Vacancies:
- Civil Judge (Class-II): 53 positions (out of which 16 posts are for Women)
- Unreserved: 22 posts (07 Women)
- Scheduled Caste: 06 Posts (02 Women)
- Scheduled Tribe: 17 Posts (05 Women)
- Other Backward Classes: 07 Posts (02 Women)
- Physically Handicapped: 01 Post (Men only)
NOTE: Reservation for these posts will only be applicable for the candidates with Chhattisgarh bonafide domicile only.
Mode of Application:
- Through Online Application only as available on the website of Chhattisgarh PSC.
- The applicant must have completed a Bachelors Degree in Law (LL.B. Degree) from a recognized institute by the last date for submission of application.
- The candidates must have good character antecedents.
- The applicant must have achieved 21 years of age and should not have exceeded maximum age of 35 years as on 01-Jan-2015 to be eligible to apply.
- However, relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per norms only for the natives of Chhattisgarh
Pay scale Provisions:
- The applicants selected for these posts will be entitled to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.27700 – Rs.44770 along with other perks and remuneration as per the Chhattisgarh Lower Judicial Service Rules.
Mode of selection:
- There will be a Preliminary Screening Examination followed by a Main Written Examination. The selected candidates will be appearing a Final Interview to be eligible for selection.
- The final selection will base on the performance in the Written Examination and Interview sessions.
- The Preliminary Examination will be computer based and will be done through online mode only.
- For SC/ST/ OBC candidates from the state of Chhattisgarh: Rs.300
- For all others including General PH candidates: Rs.400
- The fees can be deposited through a Online mode (via Debit/ Credit card) or through Net Banking as per the discretion of CG PSC.
- An additional fee of Rs.35 will have to be submitted by the candidates for Service Charges and Bank Charges.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through ONLINE mode only at the website of CG PSC at http://psc.cg.gov.in
- The candidates need to read through the information available at http://psc.cg.gov.in/pdf/Advertisement/ADV_CJ2014.pdf thoroughly before applying online
- The forms should be filled with facts and actual information.
- Candidates shall not apply more than once for any reason at all.
- The candidates should upload their scanned signature and recent passport size photographs at appropriate spaces on the Online Application.
- Candidates should keep two printouts of the Online application, for their record and for future requirement.
- There is no need to send any hardcopy of certificates as of now.
- The candidates are advised to regularly check the web portal of CG PSC at http://psc.cg.gov.in for regular updates and announcements.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh