Incorporated in the year 1972, Cochin Shipyard is as a fully owned Government of India company and has been conferred Miniratna status. In the last 30 years of its operation, the company has emerged as a forerunner in the Indian Shipbuilding & Ship-repair industry. This yard has been functioning with a capacity to build and repair the largest vessels in India. This shipyard has delivered two of India’s largest double hull Aframax tankers each of 95,000 DWT. It has also received many shipbuilding orders from international companies from Europe & Middle East and is nominated to build the country’s first indigenous Air Defense Ship.
With the present requirement for induction of Hindi Translator and Hindi Typist, the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) invites competent applicants to apply through prescribed format of application as available at the website of Cochin Shipyard at http://www.cochinshipyard.com
The details of the vacancies are as under:
Details of vacancies: Total 2 Posts
- Hindi Translator – PS-I (Supervisor Grade) – 01 Post
- Hindi Typist – WS-7 (Workman Grade) – 01 Post
Most important Dates:
- Date of advertisement: 26-June-2013
- Last date for Submission of Completed Application: 31-July-2013
- Date for Payment of fees: In between 26-June till 31-July-2013
Pay scale and Remunerations:
- Hindi Translator – PS-I: The candidates selected for these Posts will be allowed a scale of Rs.11200 – Rs.29500
- Hindi Typist – WS-7: The candidates selected for these Posts will be allowed a scale of Rs.9300 – Rs.22200
- Other allowances and facilities will be applicable as per rules.
- Hindi Translator – PS-I: The Age of the candidates should not exceed 35 years as on last date of receipt of application (31-July-2013)
- Hindi Typist – WS-7: The Age of the candidates should not exceed 30 years as on last date of receipt of application (31-July-2013)
- However the upper age is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for PWD candidates.
- Hindi Translator – PS-I: The applicant must have Post-Graduation in Hindi with English as a compulsory subject in the Graduation level. The applicant must have a Post-Graduate Diploma in Hindi Translation and should have knowledge of Hindi and English Typing. The candidates should preferably have proficiency in Malayalam Language. The applicant must have at least 5 years of experience as a Translator from Hindi to English or vice-versa in a public limited company, Govt. of India undertaking or an organization of high repute.
- Hindi Typist – WS-7: The applicant must have Graduation with Hindi as a major subject in the Graduation level. The applicant must have knowledge of Hindi and English Typing. The candidates should preferably have proficiency in Malayalam Language. The applicant must have at least 3 years of experience as a Typist in a public limited company, Govt. of India undertaking or an organization of high repute.
- SC, ST and PWD: No Application Fee is required (fees exempted)
- For all others: Rs.100
- The fees should be paid through a Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank in favor of Cochin Shipyard Ltd., and payable at Kochi
- The selection will be done on the basis of a Written Test, Practical Test and an Interview at the Cochin Shipyards Limited.
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply through the prescribed application form only available at the website of Cochin Shipyard Limited at www.cochinshipyard.com
- The applicants should ensure that they have chosen the correct post and filled the right information.
- After completion of filling of Application, the applicants need to make two copies of the Application and send the original copy along with other essential documents and Demand Draft to the following address so as to reach on or before the last date specified (31-July-2013)
- Address to send the completed application:
The General Manager (Human Resource)
Cochin Shipyard Limited
Kochi – 682 015, Kerala
For more information on this recruitment such as , please refer to official advertisement from) Cochin Shipyard Limited, here http://cochinshipyard.com/careers/hindi_supervisor_typist.pdf
Post Author: Priyanka Singh