Animal Husbandry Department in Uttar Pradesh was created in January 1944. Sir Frank Ware C.I.E., F.R.C.V.S. became the first Director of the Department. With the formation of this department the subjects which were being dealt earlier with either the Civil Veterinary Department or the Agriculture Department were transferred to the Animal Husbandry Department.
Presently the Department covers Livestock development, Poultry development, Disease control, Fodder development and other Animal Husbandry activities related to the socio-economic up-liftment of rural masses and employment generations.
With the recent announcement from the Department of Animal Husbandry, UP (DAHUP), there is announcement for induction of 1198 Livestock Extension Officers in the state, which will be filled through a competent recruitment norm.
The details of the recruitment procedure and essential eligibility are as follows:
Most Important Dates:
- Starting Date of Registering Online Application: 14-Dec-2013
- Last date Of Registration of Online Application: 10-Jan-2014
- Starting Date for availability of Online Admit Card: 11-Jan-2014
- Date of Written Examination: 02-Feb-2014
Details of Vacancies: Total 1198 Vacancies
- Direct Entry (90%): 1079 Posts (UR-647, OBC-199, SC-208, & ST-25)
- Reserved for Departmental Candidates (10%): 119 Posts (UR-70, OBC-27, & SC-24)
Reservation for other categories will be applicable as per the state government norms. The candidates are requested to visit the Mondal-wise vacancies through the detailed advertisement at http://dahup.in/dahup_Vacacancies.pdf
- The applicants should have completed 10+2 (intermediate) education with Biology as a compulsory subject and must have a valid certificate regarding this.
- Must have sound knowledge of Devnagari Script and Hindi Language
- Advantage will be offered to candidates who have already served for 2 years in Territorial Army, or have NCC ‘B’ Certificate or Dresser-1 & Dresser-2 in the Remount and Veterinary Corps.
- Those departmental candidates who have completed at least 7 years of service and have completed their Matriculation with Science and Agriculture Science as subjects are also eligible to apply.
- The applicant should be within 18-40 years of age as on 01-July-2013
- The applicants who have submitted their applications will be eligible for concessional consideration in upper age limit, but they will not get this relaxation in the Fireman category
- Note: Upper age will be relaxable for the SC, ST, OBC, Ex-SM and other deserving class as per rules. Only candidates, who are natives of Uttar Pradesh will be eligible for such relaxation in upper age limit.
- For Unreserved and OBC: Rs.100
- For SC/ST: Rs.50
- The fee can be paid through SBI challan form as can be downloaded from the website of DAHUP at http://dahup.in/
- The candidates can be able to deposit their fees through challan only after 24 hours of submission of application form
- After deposition of fees, candidates need to come back to the same portal after 48 hours of payment of fees, and complete their Online Application.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following stages:
- Preliminary Written Examination
- Interview (If desired by the Department)
- Verification of antecedents and documents
- Pre-Employment Medical Test (if desired by the Department)
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through Online Mode only at the website of the Department of Animal Husbandry UP (DAHUP) at http://dahup.in/
- One candidate can submit only One Application.
- The candidates need to read through the detailed announcement and submit their application for the Mandal from which they belong to
- The candidates need to upload their scanned photograph and signature at the appropriate spaces on the Online Application.
- There are three stages of submission of Online Application
- Stage-I: Online registration with essential details (name, age, education, etc.)
- Stage-II: Remittance of Application Fee at any branch of SBI or PNB through the cash deposit challan
- Stage-III: Final Completion of application including the fee deposit details
- The benefits of age relaxation will be applicable for natives of Uttar Pradesh State only.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh