Himachal Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (HPPCL) is a fast upcoming power generating utility with all the Technical and Organizational capabilities at par with other generating companies like NTPC/ SJVNL/ NHPC. Efforts are afoot to further strengthen the respective departments with professionals of proven credentials and qualified technical manpower.
With the recent notification, the HPPCL is inviting candidates in various profiles of operation as Assistant Engineers, Assistant Finance Officers and Assistant Officer (relief and Rehabilitation).
The eligibility criteria and mode of application are as follows: Advertisement No. HPPCL/Appt/2/13
- Date of Publication of Notification: 03-July-2013
- Last Date For Submission of Completed Application: 31-July-2013
- Last date for Submission of Completed Application from project affected areas: 05-August-2013
- Last date for Submission of Completed Application from far-flung areas: 17- August-2013
- The date of determining the eligibility: 17-August-2013
Details of Vacancies:
- Assistant Engineer (Civil/ Mechanical): 10 Posts (UR-01, Ex-SM-UR-07, Sportsperson-UR-01 and SC-PWD-01) in E-0 Grade
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical): 07 Posts (Ex-SM-UR-04, SC-02 and ST-01) in E-0 Grade
- Assistant Finance Officer: 07 Posts (UR-03, Ex-SM-UR-02, SC-01 and OBC-01) in E-0 Grade
- Assistant Officer (Relief and Rehabilitation): 02 Posts (UR) in E-0 Grade
The candidates selected for the posts in E-0 Grade will be eligible to receive a scale of minimum remuneration of Rs.16650 per month with a Grade Pay of Rs.5800 (Rs.22450 per month) during the joining of the positions.
Education & Academics:
- Assistant Engineer (Civil/ Mechanical): The Applicant should have completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in Civil/ Mechanical Engineering OR, Should have completed MTech in Civil/ Mechanical Engineering OR, should have completed a PG Diploma in Hydro-Power Plant Engineering from a reputed institute with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical): The Applicant should have completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in Electrical/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering OR, Should have completed MTech in Electrical Engineering OR, should have completed a PG Diploma in Hydro-Power Plant Engineering from a reputed institute with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- Assistant Finance Officer: The Applicant should have completed a full-time course in CA/ICWA/ MCom/ MBA (Finance) with BCom from a reputed institute with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
- Assistant Officer (Relief and Rehabilitation): The Applicant should have completed a full-time course in BE in Rural Engineering/ MPhil (Sociology/Social Work) with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. Preference will be given to candidates having Relief & Rehabilitation experience in Hydro-Power Sector.
- All candidates must have knowledge of customs/ manners and dialects of Himachal Pradesh (Preferred)
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST category will enjoy a relaxed norm of percentage of marks with 5% relaxation
- Preference will be offered to candidates having completed their internship/ Apprenticeship in HPPCL
- Preference will be given to candidates, whose lands have been acquired/ affected families/ displaced families in the Hydro-Power projects of HPPCL
A candidate must not have crossed 45 years of age and should be over 18 years as on 17-August-2013 to be eligible to apply. However upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST candidates of Himachal Pradesh as per the norms of the state. A relaxation of 5 years is applicable in maximum age limit for Project Affected Families.
- For General Category: Rs.500
- For Reserved Category: Rs.100
- The fees can be remitted in shape of a Demand Draft in favour of Himachal Pradesh Power Corporation Limited and payable at Shimla
- The candidates should write their Name, Application Number, Mobile number and sign on the reverse side of application
Mode of Selection:
- Depending upon the number of applicants the HPPCL may conduct Screening Test/ Written test prior to Personal Interview for the posts
- The Final selection of a candidate will be made solely on the basis of his/her performance on merit basis
- The candidates have to produce their original documents on the day of interview.
How To Apply:
- Candidates must apply through ONLINE mode at the website of HPPCL at http://hppcl.gov.in
- After completing the application form with factual details, the applicants are advised to submit the same through online mode and take a print out of the application.
- The hardcopy of the application along with requisite attested documents/ certificates in support of their eligibility must be sent to the HPPCL at the below mentioned address:
- Address to send the completed Application Form:
The Director (Personnel)
Himachal Pradesh Power Corporation Limited
HIMFED Bhawan, Panjri, Below Old MLA Quarters
Tutikandi, Shimla – 171005, HP
- The envelope containing Application form, Demand Draft and Certificate copies must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ______________) before dispatching it.
- Advertisement is also available on the webpage of the HPPCL at http://hppcl.gov.in/file.axd?file=2013%2f7%2fadvertisement+for+various+posts+in+HPPCL.pdf for reference.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh