Netaji Stadium, Port Blair (UT Of Andaman & Nicobar)
As the Arial Combat Wing of the Indian Armed Forces, Indian Air Force offers a glorious career opportunity for the youths of the country to flaunt their potential for the service of the nation. The Indian Air Force is offering tremendous opportunity every year for the induction of Airmen in two cadres namely, Group-X for Technical Cadre and Group-Y for Non-Technical Cadre.
With the recent initiative from Indian Air Force for induction of Airmen in both Technical and is a Recruitment Rally, which will be held at Netaji Stadium, Port Blair from 13th till 18th of April 2013.
The details of the recruitment for Airmen Recruitment Rally are as follows:
Trades of Airmen Technical:
- Automobile Fitter
- Electronics Fitter
- Electrical Fitter
- Mechanical System Fitter
- Structures Fitter
- Propulsion Fitter
- Workshop Fitter (Smith & Mechanical)
- Weapon Fitter
Trades of Airmen Non-Technical:
- Admin Assistant
- Accounts Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Logistics Assistant
- Environment Support Services Assistant (ESSA)
- OPS Assistant
- Communication Technician
- Meteorological Assistant
Period of Rally: 13-April-2013 till 18-April-2013
Details of the activities:
- 13-April-13: Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Interview for Group-X (Technical) Trades
- 14-April-13: Trade Allocation Test (TAT) and Medical Examination of selected candidates for Group-X Technical Trades
- 15-April-13: Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Interview for Group-Y (Non-Technical) Trades
- 16-April-13: Medical Examination of selected candidates for Group-Y (Non-Technical) Trades
- 17 & 18-April-13: Reserved dates for the above selection
Publication of All India Merit List: 31-July-2013
At the ‘8 Airmen Selection Centre’, Air Force Station Tambaram, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
A copy of the selection will be made available at the District Magistrate of Port Blair’ Office and will also be available at the website of the Indian Air Force at http://www.indianairforce.nic.in/
Venue for Rally: Netaji Stadium, Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Important Note for Recruitment Rally:
- As per the scheduled dates mentioned above, the Rally will start sharp at 7 AM and enrollment will continue till 10 AM.
- Candidates fail to report the venue by 10 AM will not be allowed to participate in the Rally
Norms of Eligibility:
a) Age: The candidate should not have born earlier than 01-May-1993 and later than 30-November-1996 (both these days are included for consideration).
b) Educational Standards:
For Group-X (Technical) Trades: An applicant must have passed Intermediate (10+2) or Equivalent Examination with Maths, Physics and English with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English OR, Three year Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Automobile or Computer Science or Instrumentation Technology or Information Technology) with minimum 50% marks in overall aggregate and 50% marks in English in Diploma or in Intermediate/ Matriculation (if English is not a subject in Diploma)
For Group-Y (Non-Technical) Trades: An applicant must have passed Intermediate (10+2) or Equivalent Examination with any stream with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English OR, Two year Vocational Course at par with 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in overall aggregate and 50% marks in English in Vocational Course or in Intermediate/ Matriculation (if English is not a subject in Vocational Course)
c) Domicile Requirements: The applicant need to be a Permanent domicile of Andaman & Nicobar Islands to be eligible to apply. A candidate completing education from Andaman & Nicobar Islands is also eligible to apply. Permanent Domicile of Andaman and Nicobar Islands who have passed the qualifying examination from anywhere in India have to produce their domicile certificate.
Pay Packages and Other benefits:
As a service person of one of the most glorious profiles of jobs in India, you will be entitled to receive various advantages along with your pay package.
- During Training: A stipend of Rs.8550 along with other perks and allowances
- After Completion of Training: The gross average monthly Income will be around Rs. 21414 per month, which will enhance further till Rs.37788 per month for Group-X technical cadre.
The gross average monthly Income will be around Rs. 17630 per month, which will enhance further till Rs.37788 per month for Group-Y non-technical cadre.
Other allowances such as transport, Composite personal maintenance allowance, Family planning allowance, GCB + Class pay, CPMA, LRA, HRA etc are also admissible to airmen.
- The selected candidates will be sent for a Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) for 12 weeks at Basic Training Institute, Belgaum (Karnataka)
- On successful completion of JBPT, candidates will be allocated trades and sent for Trade Training of a specified duration
- After successful completion of training, the airmen will be deployed on ground based jobs as per their trades
- The enrollment will be for an initial period of 20 years subject to max age of 57 years for a candidate
Note: Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit
The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
- Verification of Documents (The applicants have to carry all necessary certificates of age, education, nativity, special consideration, NCC, etc. to the venue in original and in photocopy)
- Written test
- Physical Fitness Test
- Trade Allocation Test
- Medical Examinations
- Announcement of Merit List
For more details candidates can visit the website of Indian Air Force at www.indianairforce.nic.in or refer to official advertisement here Indian Air Force Group X (Technical) and Group Y (Non-Technical) Recruitment Rally April 2013.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh