NIT Hall, Police Headquarters, Katol, Nagpur (Maharashtra)
Indian Air Force is one of the three major wings of Indian Armed Service Wings guarding the areal boundaries of the vast nation. As the force signifies, it has a majority of job profiles associated with Flying and associated duties. Apart from the flying duties, Air Force also commissions various other services, those are required for administration, technical support as well as maintenance of this huge infrastructure.
With the recent initiative Indian Air Force invites enterprising and adventurous personnel for recruitment into Technical branches as Airman from designated districts of state of Maharashtra. The details of the recruitment in to the courses are as follows:
Trades of Airmen Technical:
- Automobile Fitter
- Weapon Fitter
- Electrical Fitter
- Electronics Fitter
- Propulsion Fitter
- Mechanical System Fitter
- Structures Fitter
- Workshop Fitter
Period of Rally: 17-March-2013 till 20-March-2013
- 17-March-2013 – Written Test and Physical Fitness Test
- 18-March-2013 – Interview, Trade Examination Test and Medical Examination
- 19 & 20-March-2013 – Reserved Dates
Publication of All India Merit List: 30-April-2013 at the 6 Airmen Selection Centre, Air Force Station, Cotton Green, Mumbai (Maharashtra)
Venue for Rally: NIT Hall, Police Headquarters, Katol, Nagpur (Maharashtra)
Important Note for Recruitment Rally:
- As per the scheduled dates mentioned above, the Rally will start sharp at 7 AM and enrollment will continue till 10 AM.
- Candidates fail to report the venue by 10 AM will not be allowed to participate in the Rally
Norms of Eligibility:
a) Age: The candidate must be within 21-25 years of age as on 1-Jan-2013, and should not have born earlier than 1-Jan-1992 and later than 31-March-1996 (both these days are included for consideration).
b) Educational Standards: The applicants must have completed Intermediate or 10+2 or equivalent exam with Maths, Physics and English with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate OR, must have passed a 3 year Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Automobile or Computer Science or Instrumentation Technology or Information Technology) with at least 50% marks in overall aggregate from a Government recognized Polytechnic
c) Domicile Requirements: As per the specific geographical nativity the candidates must belong to any of the districts such as: Nagpur, Bhandara, Gondia, Garhchiroli, Chandrapur, Wardha, Yavatmal, Hingoli, Washim, Nanded, Parbhani and Jalna districts of state of Maharashtra.
Pay Packages and Other benefits:
As a service person of one of the most glorious profiles of jobs in India, you will be entitled to receive various advantages along with your pay package.
- During Training: A stipend of Rs.8550 along with other perks and allowances
- After Completion of Training: The gross average monthly Income will be around Rs. 21414 per month, which will enhance further till Rs.37788 per month.
Other allowances such as transport, Composite personal maintenance allowance, Family planning allowance, GCB+Class pay, HRA etc are also admissible to airmen.
- The selected candidates will be sent for a Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) for 12 weeks at Basic Training Institute, Belgaum (Karnataka)
- On successful completion of JBPT, candidates will be allocated trades and sent for Trade Training of a specified duration
- After successful completion of training, the airmen will be deployed on ground based jobs as per their trades
Note: Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit
The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
Verification of Documents (The applicants have to carry all necessary certificates of age, education, nativity, special consideration, NCC, etc. to the venue in original and in photocopy)
Physical Fitness Test
Trade Allocation Test
Announcement of Merit List
For more details candidates can visit the website of Indian Air Force at www.indianairforce.nic.in
Post Author: Priyanka Singh