With an unadulterated glory of being among the best of Air Combat Forces in the world, Indian Air Force not only is renowned in the field of Air Combat and strategic safe-keeping of aerial boundaries, but also in other fields like adventurous sports and other categories of sports. Indian Air Force has always patronized the talents and also recruits persons who have shown remarkable achievement in the sports categories. Many sportsmen from India either become a sportsman first and then have joined Indian Air Force or have come out with their glorifying careers with rigorous training and sports activities from inside of the Force. Every years there is a special recruitment is happening for inducting meritorious sportsmen in various disciplines to join a glorious career of Indian Air Force.
With the recent initiative from Indian Air Force for induction of Sportsmen as Airmen in Group-Y Non-Technical branch of services, there is a Recruitment Rally, which is scheduled to be held.
The details of the recruitment for Airmen Recruitment Rally are as follows:
Who can apply: Only unmarried Male Candidates who have represented any one of the 18 scheduled sports category is eligible to apply for the Airmen posts.
Last date: 21 days from the date of publication of this advertisement
Disciplines of Sports:
- Athletics, Aquatics, Basketball, Boxing, Cross-Country, Cricket, Cycling, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Handball, Kabaddi, Lawn Tennis, Shooting, Squash, Volleyball, Wrestling, Weight Lifting
Norms of Eligibility:
a) Age: The candidate should not have born earlier than 02-October-1992 and later than 02-July-1996 (both these days are included for consideration).
b) Educational Standards:
An aspirant must have passed Intermediate (10+2) or Equivalent Examination with any stream
c) Sports Requirements: An individual should have represented the Country in Junior International Meets Or, The individual should have attained maximum 5th Position in Junior National Championships or Inter-University Meets Or, The individual should have represented his state in Junior National Championships or National School Tournaments conducted by SGFI in team events
For candidates, who have represented India in international levels the educational qualification may be relaxed upto Matriculation standard or equivalent.
Pay Packages and Other benefits:
The selected applicants as Airmen will be eligible for the following pay packages.
During Training: A stipend of Rs.8550 along with other perks and allowances
After Completion of Training: The gross average monthly Income will be around Rs.16213 per month, which will enhance further till Rs.31233 per month for Group-Y non-technical cadre.
Other allowances such as transport, Composite personal maintenance allowance, Family planning allowance, GCB + Class pay, CPMA, LRA, HRA etc are also admissible to airmen.
- The selected candidates as Airmen will be sent for a 24 weeks stretch training in non-technical trades
- After successful completion of training, the Airmen will be deployed on ground based jobs as per their trades
- The enrollment will be for an initial period of 20 years subject to max age of 57 years for a candidate
Note: Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit
The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
- 1. Verification of Documents (The applicants have to carry all necessary certificates of age, education, nativity, special consideration, NCC, etc. to the venue in original and in photocopy)
- 2. Physical Fitness Test
- 3. Practical Sports Skill Test
- 4. Interview
- 5. Medical Examinations
For more details candidates can visit the website of Indian Air Force at www.indianairforce.nic.in
How to apply:
- The applicants can apply through the prescribed format of application form as available at the website of the Indian Air Force
- The detailed advertisement published at http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10801_56_1213b.pdf should be referred while applying
- The application with all certificates and photos as stated on the detailed application should be enclosed in an envelope and that envelope should be super-scribed as “OUTSTANDING SPORTSMEN FOR GROUP Y TRADES – SPORTS DISCIPLINE APPLIED FOR ……………….”
- The enveloper should be sent by general Post to the following address so as to reach within 21 days of publication of this advertisement.
- Address to send the completed Application Form:
Air Force Sports Control Board
C/o: 412 Air Force Station
Race Course, New Delhi – 110003
Post Author: Priyanka Singh