Indian navy is one of the most electrifying career for any youth today as it is laced with challenges, proud and honor. Guarding the coastlines of the nation with high degree of technicality and bravery, Indian Navy is surpassing a glorious history since independence of this sovereign nation. As our country is surrounded from three sides by the waves of the oceans and seas, safeguarding the national boundaries can become possible through the dedicated and armed wing of the national security – our beloved Indian Navy.
With the recent initiative from the Indian Navy, the commencement of December 2013 Course for Short Service Commission in Executive Branch (General Services/Hydro Cadre) and Technical Branches at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala. The details of the application procedure and eligibility criteria along with the selection modes operandi are mentioned underneath:
Mode of Application: The applications are invited Online only through the official website of Indian Navy at http://nausena-bharti.nic.in
(The candidates are advised to submit only one application as multiple applications will subject to rejection of candidature)
- Date of commencement of receipt of Online Application: 28-March-2013
- End Date Online registration: 13-April-2013
- Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form with all documents: 23-April-2013
Where to send the final Application form with Documents:
Integrated Head Quarter, Ministry of Defense (Navy)
Post Box No. 04, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 011
The Branches of Service to which candidates will be inducted:
- Technical (General Service)
- Submarine Specialization
- Executive (GS)/Hydro Cadre
Who can Apply:
- The applicant, who is a citizen of India, and unmarried can apply for these executive positions and technical cadre positions.
- An applicant must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (BE/ BTech) with 70% or above marks in any branch of Engineering as mentioned on the detailed advertisement.
- Applicants who have not completed their Degree course, need not apply for these posts.
- Applicants with NCC ‘C’ Certificate will be offered preference in the recruitment
The candidates applying for this executive branch and technical service branch must achieve the minimum age of 19 and half years and maximum age of 25 years by 1st July 2013.
The candidates must possess the minimum specified Physical standard in order to get considered for the Executive Branch of Short Service Commission. There will be no relaxation in the standards.
- Height: 157 cm
- Eyesight: 6/24 (without glasses for Technical E&L and Technical Submarine Spl.) and 6/12 (without glasses for Executive (GS)/ Hydro Cadre). These should be corrected to 6/6 with glasses
Grant of Commission:
The officers get entry into Short Service Commission will not be offered Permanent Commission and granted a term of 10 years of service to the Indian Navy. This can be extended to a maximum period of 14 years from the date of joining.
Salary, Emoluments and Pay Structure:
The Officers selected through the course commencing from December 2013 will be eligible to receive a salary including basic pay, grade pay plus allowances and other remunerations as per norms. The Grade of Pay for Sub. Lieutenant will be in the order of PB-3 and that for the maximum rank of Commander will be in the order of PB-4A. The CTC for the Sub. Lieutenant will be around Rs. 66500 for Technical (Gen Service) and Executive (Gen. Service) and Rs.77750 for Submarine Specialization (Engineering and Electrical) per month.
- The short-listed candidates will be directly called for the SSB interviews sometime in between May – Oct 2013 at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore. The short-listing will be done considering all eligibility factors and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
- The total duration of SSB interview will be of five days including Stage-I and II
- The candidates will be selected on a merit performance basis considering their SSB Score, and on SSB Medical Examination.
How to Apply:
- The applications are received online only and any other form of application will therefore be rejected summarily.
- For filling up of Online Application, the candidates are requested to log in to the portal of Indian Navy at http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
- The candidates are requested to fill in all requisite details with acute accuracy and with precision.
- All the information provided in the application form should match with the documentary evidence
- After filling in the application form the candidates are required to take two printout of their completed application form. One copy should be sent to the below mentioned address along with the other documentary evidence and the other copy should be retained with the candidates as future reference.
Address for sending completed Application Form:
Post Box No. 04, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 011
- Email ID is a mandatory requirement for Online Application
- The envelope containing the Print copy of the Online application form along with other essential copy of supporting documents should be marked with “ONLINE APPLICATION NO. __________ APPLICATION FOR SSC GS(X)/HYDRO CADRE/TECHNICAL BRANCH (E/L/SM) – DEC 2013 COURSE Qualification _______ Percentage _____%.NCC ‘C’ Yes/No” in bold and Capital letters.
- Applications to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed Post, Courier and Registered Post will not be accepted anyhow.
- The details of the advertisement can be obtained from the website of Indian Navy at http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
Post Author: Priyanka Singh