IOCL Opens Its GATE-Way For Induction of Graduate Engineers & Assistant Officers For 2013
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), or simply IndianOil, is an Indian government owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. The company is the 83rd largest public sector corporation, according to the Fortune list for Global 500 companies in the world. This is also the largest public sector corporation in India as per revenue generation. IndianOil and its subsidiaries account for a 49% share in the petroleum products market, 31% share in refining capacity and 67% shareholder of downstream pipelining sector in India. The IndianOil Group of Companies owns and operates 10 out of total 22 refineries in India with a aggregated refining capacity of 65.7 million metric tonnes per year. IOCL has been conferred Maharatna status by the Govt. of India for its expanded scale of operation.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going reforms this company opens a challenging opportunity for Bachelors’ Degree holders in Engineering for its graduate Engineers and Assistant Officers positions.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Graduate Engineers and Assistant Officers
Unique Opportunity: For the first time IndianOil opens its opportunities for Science Graduates from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics branches (who clear GATE-2013), having industrial experience, to be inducted as Assistant Officers.
Number of Vacancies:
Graduate Engineers: 250 numbers
Assistant Officers: 150 numbers
Important Eligibility Factor:
- Desiring candidates must clear GATE-2013 examination with respective branches and with requisite cut-offs as per the positions to be advertised shortly.
- Without GATE-2013 qualification, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
NOTE: The candidates may log on to http://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx, for further details.
- Starting date for receipt of GATE-2013 Application – 1 Sept’12 (already started)
- Last date for online submission of Application – 30 Sept’12
- GATE-2013 Online Examination – 20 Jan’13
- GATE-2013 Offline Examination – 10 Feb’13
For IOCL Recruitment of Executive Trainees and Assistant Officers:
- Starting date for online submission of application by candidates with GATE-2013 Registration Number – 10th of December 2012
- Ending date for online submission of Application – 19th of January 2013
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Graduate Engineers and Assistant Officers in the above disciplines through IOCL will be required to first appear in GATE-2013
- Based on the GATE-2013 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines.
- It should be noted that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise.
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply online in IOCL indicating their GATE-2013 Registration Number on the career section of IOCL website at http://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx.
- A Candidate can apply for any one post/discipline only.
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form generated by the system with unique registration number, and other details.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh