Advertisement No. 01/2013
Judicial service is considered to be one of the most prestigious services directly under the Presidential Guidelines and Governor of the state as the direct reporting authority. Along with the judicial service there are many associated positions that need to be taken care of by recruitments from all profiles of candidates.
With the recent announcement from the Ranchi High Court, Jharkhand, there is a recruitment opportunity only for Stenographers at various courts under its jurisdiction. The applications will be done on a temporary basis for the time being.
The details of the invited application and the eligibility norms are as under:
Mode of application: Through Prescribed application form in Offline mode
Vacancies and Placement Details:
- English stenographers for Civil Courts of Jharkhand
- Hindi Stenographers for Civil Courts of Jharkhand
- English Stenographers for C.B.I. Courts at Dhanbad and Ranchi
- English Stenographers for Family Courts at Jamtara, Koderma, Latehar and Seraikella-Kharsawan
- Personal Assistants (whose main job is of English Stenography) in the High Court of Jharkhand
- Last date for submission of application form by Speed Post: 30-Mar-2013
Mode of selection:
There will be a Main Examination to test the Skills of typewriting and shorthand. Only candidates selected in this will be called for viva-voice and interview.
The final selection will base on the performance in the main examination and interview sessions.
Expected remuneration and Pay scale:
- English and Hindi Stenographer for Civil Courts of Jharkhand: Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 along with Grade Pay of Rs.2400 and other allowances
- English Stenographers for C.B.I. Courts & Family Courts: Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 along with Grade Pay of Rs.1900 and other allowances
- Personal Assistants in the High Court of Jharkhand: Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 along with Grade Pay of Rs.4600 and other allowances
Norms for eligibility:
- Qualification: The applicants must be a graduate in any discipline and should have proficiency in English/ Hindi Shorthand and Typing (as the case may be)
- Skill: The applicants applying for English Stenographers must have a typing speed of 40 wpm and a shorthand speed of 100 wpm with 10% permissible mistakes. The applicants applying for Hindi Stenographers must have a typing speed of 35 wpm and a shorthand speed of 70 wpm with 10% permissible mistakes. The candidates must be well acquainted with the computer application and typing on computers.
- Age Essentials: The applicants must have acquired 18 years of age and must not have crossed maximum age of 35 years as on 31-Jan-2013. However, relaxation in upper age limit is permissible for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
- For Unreserved and Backward Class (BC/ OBC/ EBC, etc.) candidates: Rs.400
- For SC/ ST candidates: Rs.100
- The fee must be paid in shape Demand Draft from a nationalized bank in favor of The Registrar General, Jharkhand High Court, Ranchi and should be payable at Ranchi.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of candidates will be made on the basis of merit
- There will be skill test first and those who qualify in the skill test will be invited to appear for Interview and further process of selection
How To Apply:
- The candidates can apply through OFFLINE mode only and through prescribed application form as available at the website at Jharkhand High Court at www.jharkhandhighcourt.nic.in
- The applications should be filled in English only
- The photographs and signatures must be mentioned at appropriate spaces on the application format
- Candidates are required to indicate name of three Districts in order of preference where they would desire to be posted in the event of selection in the Civil Court/ CBI Courts/ Family Courts.
- Candidates interested for applying for both Hindi & English Stenographer must submit two separate applications for Hindi & English Stenographer
- Applications must be sent through Registered Post/ Speed Post only.
Where to send the Completed Application Form:
The application form completed in all respect must be sent to the following address: (by Speed Post/ Registered Post only)
The Registrar General, Jharkhand High Court, Ranchi
- The candidates will have to bring their own typewriter for typing test. The examining authority will not provide any Typing Machine.
- Reservation for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates will be in force as per rules. But this will be limited to the candidates from Jharkhand state only
- For any clarification candidates can log on to the website of Jharkhand High Court at www.jharkhandhighcourt.nic.in
Post Author: Priyanka Singh