Operating with a special state stature the northernmost state of India, J&K (Jammu & Kashmir) is one of the most beautiful states of India. This state is also considered as a special state due to its borders sharing the disputed LoC with Pakistan. The law and order situation is under control in this state after long phase insurgency and terrorism. The state has restored a smooth process of democracy and is helping the process of nation building like any other states of India.
To function the government machineries smoothly, the state has segregated its responsibilities over various organizations and department. These departments are in search of adequate human resources to operate smoothly and conduct the duties assigned. The state Service Selection Board is one of the most prominent nodal agencies offering collateral support to the state government for hiring competent manpower.
With the recent announcement from the J&K Service Selection Board, there is an announcement for filling up 523 positions through the advertisement No. 11 of 2013 in the state cadre.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for selection are detailed as under:
- Date of Publication of Notification: 24-Dec-2013
- Starting Date of Availability of OMR Application and Submission of Application: 01-Jan-2014
- Last Date of Availability of OMR Application and Submission of Application: 31-Jan-2014
Details of the Vacancies:
Total number of vacancies: 523 posts
- Item No.884 – Junior Engineer (Civil) in the Department of PWD (R&B): 418 Posts (OM-238, RBA-84, SC-33, ST-42, ALC-13, OSC-08)
- Item No.885 – Junior Stenographer in the Department of General Administration: 22 Posts (OM-12, RBA-04, SC-02, ST-02, ALC-01, OSC-01)
- Item No.886 – Junior Assistant in the Department of General Administration: 83 Posts (OM-47, RBA-17, SC-06, ST-09, ALC-03, OSC-01)
Academic Eligibility (As on the last date of Submission of Application):
- Item No.884 – Junior Engineer (Civil): The candidates must possess 3 Years Diploma in Civil Engineering Or, a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering Or, AMIE Section (A&B) to be eligible to apply.
- Item No.885 – Junior Stenographer: The candidates must possess Graduation from any recognized University with minimum speed of 65 and 35 words per minute in Shorthand and Typewriting respectively. He/She must have 6 months certificate course in Computer Application from a recognized Institute.
- Item No.886 – Junior Assistant: The candidates must possess Graduation from any recognized University with minimum speed of 35 words per minute in Typewriting. He/She must have 6 months certificate course in Computer Application from a recognized Institute.
Age Specific Requirements:
- The candidates need to be within 18 years of minimum age and should not exceed 37 years as on 01-January-2013.
- However, the maximum age limit can be extended further for privileged categories as per rules of the state.
- Only candidates who are original natives of J&K (stayed for not less than 15 years in the state) can apply for the job positions.
The applicants will be inducted in two scales as per the decision of the concerned departments:
- Scale-I: Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with different Grade Pays ranging from Rs.1800 to Rs.2800 in PB-I
- Scale-II: Rs.9300-Rs.34800 with different Grade Pays ranging from Rs.4200 to Rs.4280 in PB-II
- The candidates applying for the posts will be selected on a Merit Ranking basis through a Written Examination, Viva-Voice Test and Skill Test (wherever applicable).
- The dates for the concerned selection examinations will be notified in due time through the website of the SSB at www.jkssb.nic.in.
- The final merit list will be declared by the Board in due course.
- The candidates can purchase OMR Application Forms at the defined counters of the J&K Banks in the state of J&K as per the details of banks as available at the website of the J&K SSB at www.jkssb.nic.in.
- The cost for one OMR Application will be Rs.400 which has to be remitted by cash at the counters concerned.
- The forms will be available from 01-Jan-2014 onwards at the bank counters.
How to Apply:
- Applications completed in all respect along with the OMR sheet and original copies of the credentials, certificates, etc. can be deposited to the following offices on or before the scheduled last date (i.e. 31-Jan-2014)
- No other mode of submission will however be accepted.
Address to send the completed Application Forms along with all documents:
- The District Employment and counseling centre’s of the concerned districts.
- In respect of Districts Srinagar and Jammu the OMR application forms can also be deposited in the Divisional Offices of the Board, besides the District Employment and counseling centers.
- Offices of SDM Bani, Basholi, Dudu-Basantgarh, Karnah, Gurez, Tangdar, Zanaskar, Khaltsi, Drass, Nobra, Nyoma Tehsildar Marwah, Naib Tehsildar Inshan (Wardwan), BDO Dachhan for these areas.
- Candidates presently residing/working outside the State can also deposit their application forms in the Office of the In-charge Migrant Cell, Residential Commissioner Office, 5 Prithvi Raj Road, New Delhi.
- Application form incomplete in any manner/ having overwriting/ mutilated entries shall be liable to rejection without any notice.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh