Labor Bureau Recruitment 2013 For Contractual Engagement of Contract Investigators and Supervisors
Labor Statistics in India may be said to have originated when the first national population census was conducted in 1872. This census gave not only the count of number of persons, but also the number of gainfully employed. Since then every census has thrown useful data on workers in different industries and occupations every 10 years. Besides the statistics on employment thrown by the census, other data on labor statistics were collected on ad-hoc basis, mostly as a byproduct of administration of labor laws and not as a basis for formulation of labor policies.
At present Labor Bureau is responsible for the collation, collection and publication of statistics and related information on wages, earnings, productivity, absenteeism, labor turn-over, industrial relations, working and living conditions and evaluation of working of various labor enactments etc. It is a storehouse of important economic indicators like Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial, Agricultural and Rural Laborers; wage rate indices and data on industrial relations, socio-economic conditions in the organized and unorganized sector of industry etc.
With the recent notification from the Indian Labor Bureau, it is inviting applications for recruitment of Contract Investigators and Supervisors under 4th round of Employment-Unemployment Survey in Labor Bureau in various states and UTs. The contract will remain valid for a period of 7 months (for Contract Investigator) and 8 months (for Supervisors) from the date of joining. The details of the recruitment norms is detailed as under:
Important dates to reckon:
- Last date for application: Within 10 days from the date of publication of this advertisement
Name of the vacancies notified:
- Contract Investigator: Total 385 Posts
- Supervisors: 120 Posts (Chandigarh – 65, Kanpur – 15, Kolkatta – 15, Ahmedabad – 15, Mumbai – 05, Guwahati – 05)
Segregation of Contract Investigators (385 Posts):
- Punjab: 17 Posts
- Chandigarh: 2 Posts
- Haryana: 15 Posts
- Delhi: 12 Posts
- Rajasthan: 32 Posts
- Gujarat: 31 Posts
- Daman & Diu: 1 Posts
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli: 1 Posts
- Maharashtra: 54 Posts
10. Arunachal Pradesh: 6 Posts
11. West Bengal: 42 Posts
12. Orissa: 22 Posts
13. Uttar Pradesh: 90 Posts
14. Jharkhand: 15 Posts
15. Bihar: 45 Posts
- Contract Investigator: The candidates will be eligible to receive a consolidated remuneration of Rs.15000 per month with applicable allowances.
- Supervisor: The candidates will be eligible to receive a consolidated remuneration of Rs.16000 per month with applicable allowances.
- Contract Investigator: The candidates must hold Bachelors Degree with Statistics/ Economics/ Mathematics as one of the subjects or Graduate in Commerce or MBA in any discipline. Fluency in the local language is essential for these posts. Retired Persons from State Government/Govt. of India from similar posts in Grade Pay of Rs.4200 and above having at least 03 years experience in the field of data collection work and who are below 65 years of age and fit to travel can also apply for these posts. Experience in the conduct of survey and data collection work along with knowledge of Computer application is desirable for these posts
- Supervisor: The candidates must hold Masters Degree with Statistics/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Finance as one of the subjects or Graduate in Commerce or MBA in any discipline. Fluency in the local language is essential for these posts. Retired Persons from State Government/Govt. of India from similar posts in Grade Pay of Rs.4200 and above having at least 05 years experience in the field of data collection work and who are below 65 years of age and fit to travel can also apply for these posts. 2 years Experience in the conduct of survey and data collection work along with knowledge of Computer application is desirable for these posts
- The candidate should be above 21 years as on 01-Jul-2013.
- Contract Investigator: 7 months from the date of joining
- Supervisor: 8 months from the date of joining.
- On the basis of the information furnished by the applicants, short listing would be done and shortlisted candidates would be called for personal interviews through Speed Post
- The final selection will be done on the basis of performance in the Personal Interview
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply online through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of Labor Bureau at http://labourbureau.nic.in/
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed application as available at http://labourbureau.nic.in/EUS_4th_Advt_Oct2013.pdf prior to sending their Applications
- The applicant should complete the application with facts and latest information and must retain a copy of the same to be used in later stages of selection
- The applicant must place his passport size photograph (2 copies) and signature at appropriate spaces as per the directions
- Decision of the Bureau in all matters will be final and binding
- Incomplete or wrong information may lead to disqualification of the candidate
- The envelope containing application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF __________________ in Labor Bureau, _________(State/UT)”
- The applications must be forwarded by Speed Post so as to reach within 10 days of publication of notification:
Office of Director General
Labour Bureau, Ministry of Labour & Employment
Government of India
SCO:28-31, Sector – 17 A, Chandigarh