As a premier shipyard of India, Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) is delivering its services for construction of warships as well as offshore platforms for the requirement of the nation. Main activities of MDL are ship building, ship repairs and fabrication of offshore structures. The MDL has its facilities situated at Mumbai and Nhava. With a construction capability up to 30,000 DWT to build warships, submarines, merchant ships and fabrication of well-head platforms, process and production platforms and jack-up rigs, MDL has proven its abilities as a premier shipyard in India. For outfitting work, the company has a large number of workshops with sophisticated equipments and machines specific to hull-fabrication and ship construction work.
With the present initiative from Mazagon Dock Limited, a notice has been served for induction of Trade Apprentice in various disciplines in three groups. There will be Group ‘A’ for matriculation passed (SSC), Group ‘B’ for ITI passes and Group ‘C’ for 8th class pass candidates.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for eligibility to participate in this recruitment are detailed as under:
Nature of Recruitment: Trade Apprentice
- Date of availability of Application Form: 13-June-2013
- Last Date of availability of Application Form: 26-June-2013
- From 9:15 to 12:15 hours on Monday to Friday and 9:15-15:30 on Saturday
- Last date for receipt of duly filled application: 12-July-2013
- Date of publication of final selection results: 29-July-2013
- Date for reckoning Age and Education: 01-October-2013
Details of vacancies and Trades:
Group A – SSC pass (10th standard/ Matriculation pass)
- Serial No 1, 2, 3, & 4 – Fitter, Electrician, Fitter-Structural & Pipe Fitter respectively
The candidate must have passed SSC with the first attempt with General Science and Mathematics and minimum of 50% marks (simple pass for SC/ ST) – Period of Training – 3 years – Age – 15-19 years for general with appropriate relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, PWD candidates – Remuneration – Rs.1490 per month (1st year), Rs.1700 (2nd year) and Rs.1970 (3rd year) per month
Group B – ITI pass
- Serial No 5, 6, 7, & 8 – Fitter-Structural, Painter (Gen), Carpenter, & Electronic Mechanic respectively
The candidate must have passed ITI with the first attempt in concerned trades and with minimum of 50% marks (pass for SC/ST) – Period of Training – 2 years (for Fitter-Structural and Carpenter) and 1 year (for Painter (Gen) and Electronic Mechanic) – Age – 16-21 years for general with appropriate relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, PWD candidates – Remuneration – Rs.1700 (1st year) and Rs.1970 (2nd year) per month. However, for 1 year training this will be applicable at Rs.1970 per month in the 1st year only.
Group C – 8th pass
- Serial No 9 & 10 – Rigger and Welder (G&E) respectively
The candidate must have passed 8th standard under 10+2 system with the first attempt and with minimum of 50% marks (pass for SC/ST) – Period of Training – 2 years – Age – 14-18 years for general with appropriate relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, PWD candidates – Remuneration – Rs.1490 (1st year) and Rs.1700 (2nd year) per month.
- Candidates having ITI pass as qualification will not be considered for Group ‘A’ and Group ‘C’ posts
- ITI candidates other than the concerned trades need not apply
Application Form & Fees:
- The Application Forms will be made available at the Gate No.9, Alcock Yard, Mazagon Dock Ltd with cash deposit of Rs. 50 only for all candidates except SC/ST/PWD
- SC, ST, and PWD candidates can obtain the form free of cost with production of competent certificates. They are also exempted from paying any fees.
- All candidates other than SC/ST/PWD will have to remit a fee of Rs.50 through Demand Draft in favor of “Mazagon Dock Limited” payable in Mumbai as application fee.
How to Apply:
- The candidates fulfilling eligibility conditions should apply through prescribed format of application as downloaded/ printed from the website of Mazagon Dock Limited at http://www.mazagondock.gov.in
- The candidates should enclose their application along with all supporting documents and certificate copies and send that to the following address so as to reach by 12-July-2013 at the address mentioned:
- Any wrong, misleading information may result in rejection of candidature
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “Application for the Post of Trade Apprentice – Trade : ____________”
- Address to send the completed application:
The Dy. Gen Manager (ATS)
Apprentice Training School
Gate No. 9, Alcock Yard, Mazagon Dock Limited
Dockyard Road, Mumbai-400010
- For any further clarification the candidates can refer: http://www.mazagondock.gov.in/newsite2010/pdfs/career_june13/Advertisement_English_12062013.pdf
Post Author: Priyanka Singh