Mazagon Dock Limited Recruitment 2013-14 For Induction Of Executive Trainees (Technical) Through Gate 2014, Reference to Advertisement Number: MDL/HR-CR/REC/GATE/2014
Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) one of the most prominent shipyards of India engaged for construction of warships as well as offshore platforms. With a primary accountability for ship building, ship repairs and fabrication of offshore structures, the MDL is operating with its facilities at Mumbai and Nhava. MDL has proven its abilities as a premier shipyard in India for construction of various formats of warships, submarines, merchant ships and fabrication of offshore units. With the present turnover of approximately Rs.2300 Crore, MDL is one of the most competent organizations in India with its staff strength of 8700+.
With the present initiative from Mazagon Dock Limited, a notice has been served for induction of 45 numbers of Executive Trainee (Technical) from Mechanical, Electronics and Electrical Engineering streams. The applicants need to qualify through GATE-2014 to be considered eligible for selection of these posts.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for eligibility to participate in this recruitment process are detailed as under:
Name of the Position: Executive Trainee (Technical)
Number of vacancies:
Total 45 Posts (SC-09, ST-05, OBC-12 & UR-19 including backlog vacancies)
- Executive Trainee (Technical) – Electrical Engineering – 14 Posts
- Executive Trainee (Technical) – Mechanical Engineering – 24 Posts
- Executive Trainee (Technical) – Electronics Engineering – 07 Posts
- Starting date for online registration of application for GATE-2014: 02-Sept-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 01-Oct-2013
- Commencement of Online Registration of Application in MDL: 15-Oct-2013
- Last Date of Online Registration of Application in MDL: 29-Nov-2013
- Notification regarding Personal Interview at MDL Website: 18-Apr-2014
- The Candidates having completed Full-Time degree in Engineering in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronic with minimum First Class or 60% Marks or equivalent CGPA are eligible to apply.
- The candidates continuing Final year are also eligible to apply for the post. However, their final selection will be subject to clearing the qualifying requirement as above with minimum First Class or 60% Marks or equivalent
- The Candidates have to score successfully in GATE-2014 for final consideration for selection.
Details of the Branches of Engineering, which are eligible:
- Electrical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – EE): Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – ME): Mechanical/ Mechanical & Industrial Engineering/ Mechanical & Production Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Production Engineering & Management/ Production & Industrial Engineering
- Electronics Engineering (GATE Paper Code – EC): Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Applied Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- The candidate must not have attained the upper age limit of 26 years as on last date for submission of Online Application at MDL (i.e. 29-Nov-2013).
- However, age relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC & PWD shall be as per the Government Guidelines.
MDL offers one of the best pay packages in the industry. The selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs.16400 – Rs.40500 in the E-I Grade in IDA pattern. The minimum CTC will be around Rs.5.25 Lakhs for these candidates. In addition, they will be entitled to draw Other Allowance, Performance Related Pay, Medical Reimbursement and others as admissible in the same Grade.
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for GATE-2014 in the required papers.
- Based on the GATE-2014 score card and academic ranking the candidates will be short listed for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- All Short Listed candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in GD & interview.
- The candidates may have to face a Pre-Recruitment Medical Test prior to final joining.
- The candidates have to qualify through each stage of selection to be selected finally.
Application Registration Fee:
- There will be no application processing fee for candidates applying to MDL
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply for GATE-2014 with their candidature through single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) or on the websites of www.iitkgp/gate2014.com or any other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore website
- With the GATE-2014 registration Number, these candidates can apply online in MDL on the career section of MDL website at http://mazagondock.gov.in/
- After applying online, candidate is required to take print out of the Application Form generated by the system with Unique Registration Number, and other details.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
- The E-mail ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for at least next one year
- All future correspondence will be sent via E-mail only
- Candidates should note that the selection process will commence only after the declaration of GATE 2014 results.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh