Metal & Steel Factory (MSF) Ishapore, under Ordnance Factory Board, Ministry of Defence, Government of India, is the main producer of basic Ferrous and Non-Ferrous raw material for military hardware. Present day military hardware requires use of metals of high strength coupled with superior toughness. Combination of both these properties requires use of alloy steel of Super-ultra clean quality. MSF has facilities for state-of-the-art steel making in the form of Electric Arc Furnace, Ladle Furnace Vacuum Degassing & Electro Steel Re melting ensuring production of Ultra clean steel.
Such integrated facilities for making, shaping & treating of Super-Ultra clean alloy steel-grades makes it possible to cater to any metallurgical need. Quality intelligence personnel with sophisticated machinery consisting of Ultra-sonography, Laboratory Chemical Testing, Computer aided Spectrographic, XRF Spectrometry, Hydrogen Gas Analyser, and 3D coordinator for precision dimensional measurement etc. offers this factory a unique distinction among defence production and development establishments in India.
With its view to upgrade the human resources by continuous training and upgrading the skills for multi-skilled activities the MSF-Ishapore, is inviting applications for filling up various positions of Semi-Skilled Tradesman as detailed below with their respective criteria for eligibility and the norms of recruitment.
- Starting date for Online registration of application: 12-Aug-2013
- Closing date of Online Registration: 01-Sept-2013
- Last Date for Printout of On-line Applications: 05-Sept-2013
- Download of Admit Card: from 23-Sept to 19-Oct-2013
- Date of Written Examination: 20-Oct-2013
- Date for reckoning age and eligibility: last date of submission of application (01-Sept-2013)
Details of Posts & Respective Vacancies: Total 239 posts (UR-123, SC-52, ST-11 and OBC-45)
- Machinist: 76 positions (UR-38, SC-18, ST-04, OBC-16)
- Fitter (Gen): 48 positions (UR-24, SC-12, ST-02, OBC-10)
- Turner: 46 positions (UR-23, SC-11, ST-02, OBC-10)
- Millwright: 10 positions (UR-05, SC-03, ST-01, OBC-01)
- Carpenter: 03 positions (UR)
- Fitter (Electrical): 10 positions (UR-05, SC-02, ST-01, OBC-02)
- Blacksmith: 05 positions (UR-03, SC-01, OBC-01)
- Fitter (Pipe): 05 positions (UR-04, SC-01)
- Grinder: 06 positions (UR-04, SC-01, OBC-01)
- Fitter (Inst.): 02 positions (UR-01, OBC-01)
- Welder: 01 position (UR)
- Mason Brick: 06 positions (UR-04, SC-01, OBC-01)
- Fitter Boiler: 01 Position (OBC)
- Chemical Process Worker: 08 positions (UR-06, SC-01, OBC-01)
- Boiler Attendant: 04 Positions (UR-02, SC-01, ST-01)
Note: Out of the total vacancies 07 posts are reserved for PWD and 25 posts are reserved for Ex-Servicemen vacancies
Essential Criteria for Eligibility:
Age Limit –
The candidates must be between 18-32 years as on 01-Sept-2013. However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per norms for SC, ST, OBC, PWD &Ex-Servicemen candidates
The applicants must have passed Matriculation with a National Apprentice Certificate/ National Trade Certificate from NCTVT/ any other recognized institution in respective trades.
If candidates with NAC/NTC are not available in a particular trade then applicants with ITI or equivalent qualification will be considered against vacancy of the trade.
Degree and Diploma in Engineering will not be accepted as qualification for Direct Recruitment to the Semi-Skilled posts.
The applicants selected for the job position are eligible to receive the pay in the appropriate scale Semi-Skilled tradesman
- For Unreserved Category & OBC: Rs.50
- For all reserved category such as SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen and Ex-Apprentice: Fees exempted
- The fee can be remitted through the cash deposit challan as available from the website of the MSF after completion of Online application in any branch of State Bank of India in the concerned Powerjyoti A/C no: 00000032989999677 maintained at SBI, Barrackpore.
- On receipt of amount concerned Branch of SBI will issue a Journal Number. Journal number is then required to be filled up by the candidates during On-Line registration/validation on the next day after 05:00 P.M
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through a procedure of Written Test, Trade Test/ Practical Test and Interview (if applicable) as per specific requirement of job positions
How to apply:
- Interested candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned above can apply through ONLINE mode only at the website of MSF-Ishapore at www.msf.gov.in.
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill the details with facts and proofs
- After submission of the application the candidates are advised to take the printout of the fee payment challan containing Registration Number and duly submit their fees as per the information provided on the detailed advertisement at https://iofr.eadmissions.net/JBED_Advertisement.aspx.
- The Candidates must retain their email ID and the hardcopy of the application along with the true copy of the fee payment challan for future reference.
- Any form of impersonation or misleading information may subject to disqualification.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh