The Police department of Odisha is one of the most vital departments of the state controlling the law and order of this state, which has been dominated with naxalite movements for quite a few years. The Signals Department of the State Police is offering its support to maintain a smooth and secure communication among the various combat forces during its insurgency operations. Being one of the most important part of the state policing, the Signals Department of the state police bears a significant responsibility for entire police movements of the state.
The State Selction Board for Odisha Police has recently announced notification for induction of 127 Constables in Odisha Police Signals Department. These constables will operate as the Radio Telephone Operators and Wireless Telegraph Operators in Police Signals and Indian Reserve Battalions of the state.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the other essentials for application are detailed as under. As usual being a state government job, this bears adequate security and other benefits with a standard pay scale and remunerations.
Most Important Dates:
- Last Date Of receipt of Completed Application: 25-June-2013
- Date for Physical Measurement/ Fitness Test (at designated centers): 25-July-2013 from 7:00AM onwards
Details of Battalion-wise Vacancies:
For Signals Department: Total 66 vacancies
- Constable (Radio Telephone Operator)/ Constable: 66 Vacancies
For IR Battalion: Total 61 vacancies
- Constable (Wireless Telegraph Operator)/ Constable: 61 Vacancies
Note: There will be reservations for SC, ST, Women and Home Guards as per the rules
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The selected applicants will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-I with Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.2000 along with other perks and remunerations
Registration in Employment Exchange:
The applicants must have registered their names in any of the Employment Exchanges of the state by the date of publication of this advertisement.
- The candidates need to have completed 10+2 Standard (Higher Secondary Education) along with the prescribed Physical Standard to eligible for consideration.
- The candidates should be able to read, write and speak Odia language. They should have passed ME standard (7th Class) in Odia language
- Police Constable – The applicant should be within 18-23 years of age as on 01-Jan-2013
- Note: Age will be relaxable for the SC, ST, BC candidates as per rules
- Height: 168 cm (163 cm for SC/ST)
- Chest (normal): 79 Cm (76 cm for SC/ST)
- Chest (expanded): 84 cm (81 cm for SC/ST)
- Weight: 55kg (50 kg for SC/ST)
- Apart from this standard the candidates have to pass through Physical Endurance Test
Application Fee and Form charges:
- Rs.150 for General and OBC category
- No application fee for SC/ST
- Application Form Cost: Rs.35 for all categories (separately)
- The fee can be paid through Demand Draft or Indian Postal Order in favor of the Superintendent of Police, Signals, Odisha, Cuttack- 753008 and payable at Cuttack.
- The candidates can also pay the fees through Treasury Challan paid to “0055-Police-103-Fees, Fines and Forfeiture Examination Fees” head of Account
- The form as can be downloaded from the website of the Odisha Police at http://odishapolice.nic.in/advertisement.htm
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following stages at the concerned selection grounds: (for details log on to http://odishapolice.nic.in/advertisement.htm)
- Verification of documents
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Endurance Test
- Written Examination
- Final Medical Test
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through prescribed format of application as available at the website of the Odisha Police at http://odishapolice.nic.in/advertisement.htm
- The applications can also be purchased on submission of Demand Draft/ IPO at the offices concerned (amount Rs.35)
- The candidates can submit only One Application.
- The candidates have to complete their application form and send that to the address specified (as below), so as to reach by the last date of receipt of application
- The address to send completed Application:
The Superintendent of Police (Signals)
Post Author: Priyanka Singh