Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) is the state level nodal agency for conducting competent evaluation and recruiting the candidates in multiple departments and their subsidiary organizations as and when the departments require such candidates for their service channels. The OSSC operating with the guidelines of departments and other establishments and plays a prudent role in selection of staff.
With the recent announcement from the OSSC, the notification for Combined Police Service Examination for the year 2013-14 has been released. This examination will select around 844 numbers of Police Sub-Inspectors, Sergeant of Police, Deputy Subedars, and Station Officer (Fire Service) under the service codes of Home Department of the state of Odisha.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
- Date of publication of Notification: 05-Dec-2013
- Date of availability of online application: 09-Dec-2013
- Last date for submission of online application: 08-Jan-2014 till 11:59 Hours
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2013
Details of Vacancies: Total 844 Posts
- Post Code: SIP-02 – Sub-Inspector of Police: 675 Posts (ST-152, ST(W)-51, SC-110, SC(W)-37, SEBC-182, SEBC(W)-61, UR-231, UR(W)-77)
- Post Code: SP-04 – Sergeant of Police: 33 Posts (ST-07, SC-05, SEBC-09, UR-12)
- Post Code: DS-03 – Deputy Subedar:84 Posts (ST-19, SC-13, SEBC-23, UR-29)
- Post Code: SOFS-45 – Station Officer Fire Service: 52 Posts (ST-12, SC-08, SEBC-14, UR-18)
NOTE: Out of the total vacancies 3% posts are reserved for Ex-Servicemen and 1% for Meritorious Sportsperson. Physically challenged persons are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for these positions
- The candidates get selected for this post will receive a scale of PB-II in the order of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4200 per month.
- However, other perks and allowances will be applicable as per norms.
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have complete 21 years of age but not reached 25 years as on 01-Jan-2013. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be reckoned as in the matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate issued by the board or equivalent body.
- Education: The candidates must have completed their Bachelors Degree in any discipline. For the posts of Station Officer (Fire Service) only Science/ Engineering Graduates are eligible.
- Mandatory: The candidate should have passed ME school examination in Odia language subjects or equivalent
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the following rounds:
- Preliminary Qualifying Written Round
- Physical Measurement/ Standard Test (of qualifying nature)
- Main Written Examination (Candidates have to submit a detailed application form (DAF) after selection in the Preliminary Written round of examination to appear the main examination)
- Viva-Voice and Psychological Test.
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit ranking only.
- There will be a separate merit list for the Station Officer (Fire Service)
- Adequate weightage will be offered to candidates having excellent sports caliber and NCC “B/C” certificate.
- There will be negative marking (0.25) in the written examination.
- Candidates other than SC/ST will have to pay the fees of Rs.100 (Rupees One Hundred only) through Online mode or through the conventional treasury challan in favor of “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees Collected For Conducting Examination-02041-Examination Fee”
- The fees can also be deposited through preferred bank challans as available at the website of the Odisha SSC
- SC/ ST candidates are exempted from paying any fees.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply for the posts by logging into the official site of www.odishassc.in. Detailed instructions for filling up of the post are provided here.
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and by uploading a recent passport size photograph, they have to put the photo in the specified place in the form.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the OSSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for SSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the Commission along with the original treasury challan/ fee payment receipt and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the OSSC
- The envelope containing application should be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF COMBINED POLICE SERVICE EXAMINATION – 2013”
- Address to send the completed application form by Registered Post/ Speed Post:
Odisha Staff Selection Commission
Barrack No-1, Unit-V, Bhubaneswar – 751054
One must refer to official advertisement here www.odishassc.in/pdf/ADVT%20SIP-2013.pdf
Post Author: Priyanka Singh