ONGC – India’s Flagship Maharatna Invites Competent Individuals To Fill Up Upcoming Vacancies
Recruitment of Graduate Trainees
Employment Advertisement No: 03/2012 (R&P)
About the Company:
Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is the flagship Company from India which has attained its MAHARATNA status in April, 2012 and has been ranked the 2nd in the world in the Energy and Petroleum Sector. As far as compensation is considered, this company offers one of the best compensation packages in the industry. With a merit oriented advancement and professionally controlled organization this company renowned for offering the finest CTC (Cost-to-Company) packages to its employees. Consistent growth is the major driving force for this which has registered 13% growth in the financial year 2011. ONGC has been awarded “Most Attractive Employer” by Ma Foi Randstad.
The Vacancy Positions:
With a view to fill up the upcoming requirements, ONGC invited competent individuals to apply for the positions in the Class-I Executive (E-1) scales. The various details of the vacancy positions are as mentioned below:
Most essential nature of Job:
As the nature of most of the job profiles demand outdoor field works in shift duties, and require acute technical skills and understanding, the candidates are required to get ready mentally and physically to adopt such job profiles. The jobs are semi-mobile in nature and therefore may be subject to onshore-offshore transfers within the country.
Total Number of vacancies – 889
(Streams of Technical Graduation and Number of Vacancies – Geology – 50, Geo-Physics (Surface) – 30, Geo-Physics (Wells) – 24, Reservoir – 47, Chemistry – 60, Computer Programming – 21, Production – 220, Drilling – 110, Cementing – 20, mechanical – 60, Electrical – 40, Electronics and Telecom – 45, Instrumentation – 30, Civil – 15, Transportation – 11, Finance & Accounts – 34, HR – 25, Material Management – 31, Medical – 07, Security – 09)
The candidates selected for this post will be eligible for getting a pay scale of Rs.24900 – Rs.50500 with other perks and remunerations as per the rules of the Management of ONGC.
Criteria with respect to Age:
- All candidates (without those applying for Drilling and Cementing) should be within a maximum age of 30 years for General, 33 years for OBC, 35 Years for SC/ST and 40 years for PWD candidates. However in case of candidates belonging to OBC and SC/ST from PWDs will be allowed additional 3 / 5 years as applicable.
- All candidates those applying for Drilling and Cementing should be within a maximum age of 28 years for General, 31 years for OBC, 33 Years for SC/ST and 35 years for PWD candidates.
- The reference age will be reckoned as on 26th August 2012.
- In case of PWD, Ex-SM and Departmental candidates the age relaxation will be applicable as per company norms
Mode of Application:
The applications will be accepted ONLINE only through the website of ONGC at www.ongcindia.com. No other modes of application will ever be accepted.
- Date of starting of Online registration: 4th August 2012 from 1000 hours
- Date of closing of Online registration: 26th August 2012 till 2000 hours
- All India Written Test: 7th of October 2012
- Results of Written test: Most probably on 1st week of November
- For general and OBC : Rs. 500
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 100
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All fees are to be remitted as a Bank Challan in any branch of SBI in favor of ONGC Power Jyoti, A/C No: 30827318409
- The fees also can be transferred ONLINE through Net banking
- The selection will be based on i) Written Test, ii) Physical Tests (Where ever applicable) and iii) Personal Interview
- The written test will be of Objective Type and solely based on the educational qualification asked for a particular post and in case the patter of education are similar for some levels the level of educational requirements with A-II level will be followed for question patterns
- Candidates short-listed for Interview will have to upload scanned proof of certificates or else, they may not be allowed for interview process
Information to be at hand for filling up Online application:
- Complete abidance to terms and conditions of eligibility norms as available online at www.ongcindia.com
- Valid email ID with validity for minimum period of six months from the date of application
- Challan downloaded from the website, completely filled in and fee deposited in concerned account
- Recent passport size photograph within 40KB, Bank Challan within 100KB and signature scanned within 20KB size
Steps for Applying Online:
- Logon to www.ongcindia.com (ONGC website) and click on “Apply Online”
- Select the post candidate wants to apply and fill in the requisite details in the online application format
- Preview the entered details, edit if required otherwise submit the application
- Once you submit the Application, the System will generate a unique Registration Number, password, an E- mail will be sent to you mentioning the same.
- Take a printout of your Registered Application by clicking on the name of the post under Print Form Section. Registration slip consists of your basic details like name, category, post(s) applied for and test centre opted.
- Keep a photo copy of registration slip, Challan and other essential information like email ID and password for record and reference
- Keep a NOC from concerned employer in case the applicant is working in any Govt. Organization/PSU
- Any form of canvassing will be strongly condemned and strict disciplinary actions will be initiated against such candidates
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from ONGC here ONGC Recruitment of Graduate Trainees 2012
Post Author: Priyanka Singh