The School & Mass Education (S&ME) Department in the Government of Odisha has been awarded the responsibility to achieve the goals of Universal Elementary Education (UEE). The S&ME Department operates through two agencies namely Directorate of Elementary Education (DEE) and Odisha Primary Education Program Authority (OPEPA) to realize the goals of UEE. While DEE manages the entire manpower of teachers, inspectors & administrators, OPEPA implements the flagship program of SSA (Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan) in the entire state. There are about 65.29 lakhs children studying in about 65712 educational institutes and are covered through the Sarva Shikshya Abhiyan as a dream project of Government of India for Universalization of Elementary Education.
With the recent initiative from the OPEPA, a recruitment notification has been published to induct Shiksha Sahayaks under the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan scheme. The recruitment will be conducted through a merit basis selection modality. The District Collectors and Chief Executive Officers of Zilla Parishad will be responsible to select the candidates as per the norms of OPEPA for concerned districts.
The details of the application criteria and the minimum eligibility conditions are detailed as under:
- Starting date for registration of Online Application: 06-Aug-2013
- Last date for registration of Online Application: 30-Aug-2013
- Date for reckoning Age, Education and other essentials: last date for submission of application
Details of vacancies:
- Shikshya Sahayaks: 14181 vacancies (General Education-13971, Telugu-100, Urdu-60, & Bengali-50)
- 33% of the total vacancies will be reserved for Women candidates. For others including the PWD candidates reservation will be applicable as per the rules of the state government.
- Balasore (Baleswar): 958 Posts
- Bhadrak: 30 Posts
- Balangir: 1450 Posts
- Boudh (Baudh): 695 Posts
- Gajapati: 193 Posts
- Ganjam: 1196 Posts
- Jagatsinghapur: 05 Posts
- Jajapur (Jajpur): 10 Posts
- Kalahandi: 155 Posts
- Kendrapara: 10 Posts
- Kendujhar (Keonjhar): 2187 posts
- Khurda: 470 posts
- Koraput: 801 Posts
- Malkangiri: 1243 Posts
- Nabarangpur: 1994 Posts
- Nuapada: 953 Posts
- Puri: 15 Posts
- Rayagada: 258 Posts
- Sambalpur: 352 Posts
- Subarnapur (Sonepur): 1206 Posts
Vital Academic Requirements:
- The candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or above to be eligible to apply for these posts. However, preference will be given to candidates having Bachelor in Education (BEd) qualification along with their Bachelor’s Degree. The candidate must have adequate knowledge of ODIA and they should be able to read, write and speak ODIA.
- For ST candidates this eligibility criteria is reduced to 10+2 in any stream (Art/ Science/ Commerce). Candidates having CT training will be given preference.
- For Santali language, the candidates must pass eligibility qualification for Olchiki language
- All candidates must have passed Odia as their MIL subject in the 7th Standard. And candidates must have passed OTET test to be eligible to apply.
- An applicant must not have crossed the maximum age of 35 years and should be above 18 years to be eligible for these posts.
- However there will be relaxation in upper age limit applicable for SC, ST and PWD candidates as per rules.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a Written Test and/ or an Interview as per the discretion of the District Selection Committee and OPEPA.
How to Apply:
- The candidates fulfilling all eligibility criteria can apply through Online mode of application as available on the website of OPEPA at http://www.opepa.in/ or at http://as1.ori.nic.in/rwss/MDM/Default.aspx
- During filling up the Application form, the candidates must have a valid email ID and Phone number.
- The applicants are advised to complete the application with factual information only. Any form of discrepancy may lead to rejection of candidature.
- The decision of the Committee/ Parisad will be final and binding on the candidates
- The applicants must retain a hardcopy of the Online application for future reference.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh