OPSC Recruitment To The Posts Of Assistant Town Planner In Class-I Junior (Group-A)
Advt no: 13 of 2012/13
Odisha Public Service Commission, as one of the apex authorities for recruitment and administrative support for government departments and functionaries has invited application from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Assistant Town Planner in Group-A of Odisha Town Planning Service under Housing and Urban Development Department. Detailed information and application forms can be availed in official portal of OPSC at www.opsconline.gov.in.
- Availability of Online Application Form: from 28-Jan-2013 till 28-Feb-2013 11:59 PM
- Last date for receipt of application fee at any STATE BANK OF INDIA (SBI) branch: 02-March-2013
- Last date for receipt of print out/hard copy of Online Application along with copy of specified documents/ certificates: 11-March-2013 by 5.00 PM
Name Of The Posts And Number Of Vacancies:
Assistant Town Planner in Group A – 17 posts in total
Out of which Un-reserved -06 posts (2-Women), S.E.B.C. – 4 posts (1-Women), Scheduled Caste – 3 posts (1-Women) and Scheduled Tribe – 4 posts (1-Women)
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The selected candidates will be eligible for the Pay Scale of Rs.15600-Rs.39100 + Grade pay of Rs. 5400
- The candidates will get other allowances and perks as per norms
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold any of the following set of qualification to become eligible to apply:
- A. Degree in Regional/ Town Planning or equivalent qualification with at least three years experience in a planning or in Architectural office. The applicant must have Associate-ship of the Institute of Town planner (India) and must have experience in the preparation of Development plans
- B. Degree in Civil Engineering/ Regional/ Town planning or an equivalent with at least three years experience in Town planning Organization. The applicant must have experience in planning and design of service, construction, cost estimating and drawing up execution programmes
- C. Master’s Degree in Economics, Sociology, Geography or Statistics or a Degree in law along with Degree in Town planning/ Regional planning with at least three years experience in Town planning Organization in the collection and analysis of socio-economic data
- Age: A candidate should be under 35 years and over 21 years of age on the 1st January 2012. (As per the Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate)
Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms.
- For Unreserved/ OBC category: Rs 200
- For SC/ST candidates: Fees are exempted
How To Pay:
Candidates are required to take a printout of finally submitted online Application for future use and take printout of online challan (pay- in- slip) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be made on the basis of career marks and Viva Voce Test.
Important Documents to be Attached along with Application Form:
- Candidates are required to submit along with the printout/hard copy of online application
- True copies of certificates and documents duly attested by the candidate or a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public
- The candidates are also required to mention, on each document “submitted by me” and put their full signature on the same
How to Apply:
- Candidates must go through this Detailed Long Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website of the OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in.
- All envelope containing application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST ASSISTANT TOWN PLANNER” in Bold and capital Letters
Address For sending Detailed Application Form:
The Special Secretary
Odisha Public Service Commission
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001
Candidates can send the Printout/Hard copy of the Online Application Form along with specified documents by Registered Post/ Speed Post/ Courier Service to so as to reach the same in the OPSC on or before 13-March-2013.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh