Established under the Government of India guidelines, the Ordinance Factory Board, is an organization of repute offering various services for the armed forces of the nation through armament supply as well as other ordnance supply. This Board has its factories spread across the nation and each factory has some special armaments associated with its production units and establishments.
With the recent announcement from the Ordnance Factory Ambarnath, in the Thane District of Maharashtra, applications are being invited from competent Degree/ Diploma Engineers for various disciplines of trade Apprentice posts. The candidates selected through the advertisement will be getting Apprenticeship at Ordinance Factory, Ambarnath, located in Thane district of Maharashtra. This selection will done Directly from the open market candidates.
The details of the Apprentice requirement is detailed as under:
- Last Date sending detailed Application: 30 Days from the date of publication of this Advertisement on the newspaper
- Date of reckoning age, and education: On the last date of submission of application.
Details of the vacancies:
Total 23 Posts (Graduate Engineer-08, Diploma Engineer-15)
- Chemical Engineering: 01 Position (Diploma Engineers)
- Civil Engineering: 01 Position (Diploma Engineers)
- Electrical Engineering: 03 Positions (Graduate Engineers-01, Diploma Engineers-02)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering: 03 Positions (Graduate Engineers-01, Diploma Engineers-02)
- Mechanical Engineering: 07 Positions (Graduate Engineers-03, Diploma Engineers-04)
- Metallurgy Engineering: 08 Positions (Graduate Engineers-03, Diploma Engineers-05)
- The candidate must who are fresh pass-out and have completed their Degree/ Diploma in Engineering and have not crossed 3 years after their completion of course are eligible for induction as Apprentice.
- Engineering Graduates or Diploma Holders who had training or job experience for a period of one year or more after attaining the essential qualifications shall not be eligible for Apprentice training.
- For Graduate Apprentice: The candidates should have passed 4 years Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in concerned branches of Engineering/ Should have passed Section ‘A’ & Section ‘B’ of examination from Institute of Engineers or equivalent.
- For Diploma Apprentice: The candidate should have passed 3 years Diploma in concerned branches of Engineering or equivalent.
- If the gap between the date of declaration of result and date of commencement of training is more than one year, an affidavit as per prescribed format and on stamp paper duly signed by Magistrate/Notary has to be submitted by the apprentices
Remuneration Provisions, Pay Scale:
- Graduate Apprentice: The candidates selected for these posts will receive a stipend of Rs.3560 per month.
- Diploma Apprentice: The candidates selected for these posts will receive a stipend of Rs.2530 per month.
- No Other allowances and perks will be paid as per rules to these candidates.
- The selection will be done strictly on Merit basis through a scrutiny of marks obtained in the final year of the qualifying examination for these positions
- The candidates have to clear Medical Examination Phase before verification of documents and final appointment.
How To Apply:
a) Candidates must apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website http://ofbindia.gov.in/units/ofa/downloads/ofa_7ce485cec479cf699806261f68fc8787.pdf .
b) The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement at the above link before applying for the same.
c) The format of application is available at the website of OFB at http://ofbindia.gov.in/
d) The candidates must put their signature and paste recent photograph before submission of application form
e) The copy of the application form must be sent to the address mentioned so as to reach by the last date specified.
f) A valid email ID of the candidate will be required for regular communication
g) The application should be sent to the following address:
The Sr. General Manager
Ordnance Factory – Ambarnath (W)
Dist. Thane (Maharashtra) Pin: 421 502
Post Author: Priyanka Singh