Ordinance Factory Board, is an organization established under the aegis of Government of India and dedicating its service for manufacturing of ordnance and allied equipments for the armed forces of the nation. With the recent announcement from the Board, applications are being invited from competent candidates for various disciplines of Group ‘C’ posts. These positions are to be filled in for current vacancies at various Ordinance Factory, Ambarnath, located in Thane district of Maharashtra, India. This selection will done Directly from the open market candidates.
All applications has to be processed Online through the website of Ordinance factory Board at http://ofb.gov.in
- Starting Date of on-line registration of Application: From the Monday following
the date of publication of this Advertisement
- Last Date of on-line Registration of Application: 15 Days from the date of publication of this Advertisement
- Last Date of receipt of Hard Copy of Application at respective Ordnance Factory: 15 Days from the date of publication of this Advertisement
- Date of reckoning age, and education: On the last date of submission of application.
Mode of Application: ONLINE only
Candidates must apply online through the website http://ofb.gov.in . Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
Detailed instructions for filling up Online Recruitment Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
Details of the vacancies: Total 149 Posts
- Electrician: 14 Positions (UR-08, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-04 & PWD-01, Ex-SM-01)
- Examiner: 25 Positions (UR-14, SC-03, ST-02, OBC-06 & Ex-SM-01)
- Machinist: 89 Positions (UR-48, SC-09, ST-08, OBC-24 & PWD-02, Ex-SM-01)
- Millwright: 21 Positions (UR-11, SC-02, ST-02, OBC-06 & Ex-SM-01)
- The candidate must not have crossed maximum 32 years and should be above 18 years as on the last date for submission of application.
- However there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per rules for SC, ST, OBC & PWD candidates
- The candidate should have passed matriculation and should have completed NTC/NAC in the trades concerned as issued by NCVT or equivalent.
- For examiner posts, candidates having NTC/ NAC in Machinist trade will be considered
- Degree and Diploma in Engineering will not be accepted as qualification for Direct Recruitment to these Semi-skilled posts
- Those appearing in the AITT examination conducted by NCVT (for award of NAC/ NTC certificate) in October, 2013 may also apply.
Remuneration Provisions, Pay Scale:
- The candidates selected for these semi-skilled Grade ‘C’ posts will receive a remuneration in the scale of PB-I at the rate of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.1800.
- Other allowances and perks will be paid as per rules to these candidates.
- The applicants interested to apply for these posts will have to Pay and application fee of Rs.50 through DD/IPO Only
- The fee should be paid in favour of “The Sr. General Manager, Ordnance Factory, Ambarnath (Maharashtra)”
- SC, ST, PWD, Ex-SM, Ex-Trade Apprentice of OFB and Women candidates are exempted from paying any fees
- The selection will be done strictly on Merit basis through a competitive Written Examination and a Trade Test. There will be no Interview/ GD for these positions
- The dates for Written Examination will be declared on the official website at http://ofb.gov.in
- The candidates can apply this examination Either in English/ Hindi/ Marathi as per their choice. This choice has to be filled during the Online Registration of Application
- If no choice is marked on the Application, by default, the candidates will be eligible for appearing Examination in English only
How To Apply:
a) Candidates must apply online through the website http://ofb.gov.in .
b) The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement at http://ofbindia.gov.in/units/ofa/downloads/ofa_170c944978496731ba71f34c25826a34.pdf , before applying online
c) Candidates must keep scanned copy of their signature and recent photograph for online submission of application form
d) The hard copy of the application form must be sent to the address mentioned on the Print Out of the Application, in a closed envelop
e) A valid email ID of the candidate will be required for regular communication
f) The candidates sponsored by the Employment Exchange will also have to submit their application through Online mode only
g) The hardcopy of the application should be sent to the following address:
The Sr. General Manager
Ordnance Factory – Ambarnath
Dist. Thane (Maharashtra) Pin: 421 502
Post Author: Priyanka Singh