Tracking Online Registration For Post Office Recruitment 2012 For Successful Attempt
Whenever aspiring candidates for government jobs come across opportunities in departments as India Posts, rarely would they leave such a chance. It is because of the lure for government jobs, good pay scales and security in jobs that India Post services are so much sought after.
Recently, in the month of September 2012, large number of vacancies for postal and sorting assistants has been advertised by the Department of Posts, Government of India. It has been long since these posts have been advertised and hence, the opportunity has surely brought smiles into millions of aspirants for jobs in central government. Even though these are in the clerical cadre, a huge number of applications are expected. It is being touted as the bumper recruitment drive, appropriately so named due to about 10000 posts in the advertisement.
- Magnitude of vacancies is definitely huge because there are about 154,866 post offices in India, according to the figures as on March 2011. Almost every state has the vacancies amounting to few hundreds, with total of 22 postal circles seeking clerical postings. These posts are open for candidates who have a citizenship of India and fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Application forms, obtained from head post office and designated post offices in the postal circles have already been submitted, the last date being 25th September.
- Since aspiring candidates have already submitted these applications, they are now in the stage of receiving the confirmation of their submitted application.
How to check the Application Status:
With such a huge number of applicants, submitting the application forms, there has been integrated the tracking of the status of the submitted application. To do this, candidates need to log into the portal of www.indiapost.gov.in and click on the link for tracking of application form online. The direct link to check the application status can also be done through the link http://www.eonlineapply.com/dop/pages/statuscheck.asp.
In this page, candidates need to submit their OMR Application No. and click on the status tab and the status will appear on the screen. Checking of the application status is therefore quite easy and this is a pointer that candidates do a last time check of their preparations.
Syllabus for Indian Postal Service Recruitment Exam:
- The examination of the test for Postal and Sorting Assistants is in the form of a written test and computer-typing test.
- Written test comprises of an aptitude test of objective type questions, duration of which is 2 hours with weightage of 100 marks.
- Questions will be from topics of reasoning, analytical ability, mathematics, general knowledge and English language.
Short listing of the candidates For skill test:
- After being shortlisted in the test, candidates will be called for a typing skill test in the ratio of 1:5, which will be for a duration of 30 minutes.
- They will be asked to type a passage of 450 words in English or 375 words in Hindi, with a requisite speed of 25/30 words per minute.
- Since the topics in the written rounds will have equal weightage of 25 marks, candidates need to give importance to each topic, as well as do a thorough practise of typing.
As the process of application form has been submitted and other paraphernalia has been done with, now it’s time to check the status of the application and prepare accordingly for Indian Post Office recruitment 2013.
As an aspirant all you need to do is to devote your full time for preparing to score well in the written test and practice well for the typing test for assuring a success in the event of stiff competition.
We will be updating you about the status of the Indian Postal recruitment updates here at our portal from time to time. You can keep coming back to get the best of the updates and notifications. Wish you all the lucks for your preparation!
Post Office Jobs Advertised for the YEAR 2012
|Post Office Recruitment|
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 342 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 150 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 97 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 109 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 251 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 180 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 475 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 186 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 180 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 93 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 621 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 83 Vacancies
Postal & Sorting Assistants: 406 Vacancies
Post Author: Priyanka Singh