POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India and a Navratna Public Sector Enterprise under Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business and operation of National & Regional Power Grids. POWERGRID operates around 1,01,379 circuit kms of transmission lines and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID has been making profit since inception, having Gross turnover of 13,329 Crore and Net Profit of 4235 Crore (FY: 2012-13).
To take the growth to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and young professionals to join its fold as Executive Trainee in Electrical discipline with the present advertisement.
The details of the vacancies and the procedures for application are detailed as under:
To get detail information on GATE 2014 visit http://employmentnews.indialist.org/category/gate-2014/ OR http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014/
- Opening Date of Online Registration of GATE-2014: 02-Sept-2013
- Closing Date for Online Registration of GATE-2014: 03-Oct-2013
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of Online GATE Application at respective GATE Offices: 10-Oct-2013
- Opening Date of Online Registration at POWERGRID: 07-Jan-2014
- Group Discussion and Final Interview for Selection into POWERGRID: April/ May-2014
Mode of Application: Online only
Where can you fill the Online Application:
Website of POWERGRID at www.powergridindia.com
Details of Job Positions: Executive Trainee in Electrical discipline
Number of Positions: Will be notified separately on 7th January 2013 (Posts will be reserved for ST, SC and OBC candidates along with UR candidates)
Vital Eligibility Condition (GATE-2014):
- The candidates eligible otherwise will have to appear for the Electrical Engineering (EE) paper of GATE – 2014.
- The GATE-2014 score will be the only valid criteria for short-listing of candidates for personal Interview and GD rounds.
- The candidates must have completed Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg) in Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering with minimum 65% marks or equivalent CGPA
- Candidates having AMIE as qualification must have completed AMIE in Electrical and should have cleared both sections (Section-A and Section-B) by 31-Mar-2014 with minimum 65% marks.
The candidates selected for these posts will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-50500 during their initial Training Period. After successful completion of Training Period these candidates will be inducted in POWERGRID at the same Pay Scale.
- CTC during Training Period: Rs.7.65 lakhs per annum
- CTC during joining on regular scale: Rs.13.4 lakhs per annum
Max Age Limit: A candidate should not exceed max age of 28 Years as on 31-Dec-2013
- The selection process will include short-listing of candidates on the basis of marks obtained (Out of 100) by the eligible candidates in the EE paper of GATE 2014, followed by group discussion and personal interview.
- Candidates obtaining a valid GATE-2014 score shall only be eligible for the next stage of selection.
- GATE-2013 scores will not be considered as the criteria for selection of candidature.
- The candidates selected for the job positions will have to complete a training of 1 year from their date of Joining.
- After successful completion of Training these candidates will be posted with a Permanent scale of Pay with the POWERGRID
Service Agreement Bond:
- The candidates selected after GD and Personal Interview rounds will have to sign a Service Bond to stay with the Company till successful completion of Training period and there after minimum of 3 years in the Company
- General and OBC candidates will furnish a Bond amounting to Rs.100000, where as SC, ST and PWD candidates will be furnishing a Bond amounting to Rs.50000.
How to Apply:
- Interested eligible candidates should apply ONLINE only through the website of POWERGRID at www.powergridindia.com.
- Any other mode of submission of application would not be accepted.
- The candidates should have their GATE-2014 registration information in hand before applying for these posts
- The application Form should be completed in all respect.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE-2014 Admit card and Original GATE-2014 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID
- The details of the application and the requirement of enclosures should be sent to POWERGRID at the address mentioned in the detailed advertisement as expected to Publish on 7-Jan-2014.
One may refer to Official Advertisement here.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh