Recruitment Notification Through Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Exam -2012
The Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination-2012 (PSCSCCE-2012) is being conducted by the PPSC for recruitment of officers in the Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch), Deputy Superintendent of Police, Tehsildar, Excise & Taxation Officers, Food Supply & Consumer Affairs Officers, Block Development & Panchayat Officers, Assistant Registrar Co-operative Societies and Employment Generation and Training Officer.
The details of the examination is detailed as under:
Mode of Application: ONLINE mode only
Total number of vacancies – 160 positions
Individual breakup of the vacancies
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch) – 30 positions
- Deputy Superintendent of Police – 20 positions
- Excise & Taxation Officer – 30 positions
- Tehsildar – 09 positions
- Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer – 25 positions
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer – 28 positions
- Assistant Register Co-Operative Societies – 11 positions
- Employment Generation and Training Officer – 07 positions
Note: There will be reservations for scheduled and other categories as per rules
The examination will be conducted in two phases and there will be separate fees for each phase of examination. The details of fees are as under:
- SC/ST/ Backward classes of Punjab: Rs.375
- Ex-Servicemen: No fee
- All others: Rs.1500
- SC/ST/ Backward classes of Punjab: Rs.500
- Ex-Servicemen: No fee
- All others: Rs.2000
How to Pay the Application Fees:
The Examination fee must be submitted along with the print out of online application form duly signed by the candidate along with a Single Demand Draft in original issued by a branch of State Bank of India or State Bank of Patiala, drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission,” and made payable at Patiala.
The Preliminary Competitive Examination will consist of two papers i.e. Paper-I General Studies and Paper –II Civil Services Aptitude Test.
Educational qualification – The candidate should possess a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution
Age – The candidate must be in between 18 – 37 years, and not should have reached the maximum age by 1st January 2013
Note: Candidates can appear in the exam for four times maximum or till their max age limit, whichever is lower
The candidate should possess a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution
How to Apply:
- The candidates who are interested for applying for these positions will have to Apply Online on the website of the Commission at www.ppsc.gov.in.
- The candidates are required to fill up of all the necessary information asked.
- For the main examination, one has to apply again after preliminary examination.
- The Application Form shall be available on the website of the Commission immediately on declaration of the result of the Preliminary Competitive Examination
General Guidance: For more detail please refer to official advertisement from PPSC here http://www.ppsc.gov.in/html/pcs2012.asp
Post Author: Priyanka Singh