The evolution of the Municipality in Rajasthan has an important place in the constitutional history of India as it was made with a vision of bringing a strong administrative reform to the erstwhile Rajputana with the Union of India. As per the provisions every Municipality is having a constituent board with various functionaries and incumbents. Various cities in Rajasthan are also having Municipalities and NACs for smooth running of Local Self Government Administration.
With the recent announcement the Rajasthan Department of Local Self Government (RDLSG), there is an announcement for induction of Assistant Programmer and Information Assistant for the year 2013. The recruitment will follow the norms of Rajasthan State Municipality Service Rules. Applications are invited from eligible applicants with adequate qualification and experience.
The details of the requirements and the eligibility conditions of application are as mentioned underneath:
- Starting Date of Registration of Online Application: 01-Oct-2013
- Last Date for Registration of Online Application: 23-Oct-2013
- Last date for payment of Application Fees: 21-Oct-2013
Vacancy Post/ Number of Vacancies:
- Assistant Programmer: 208 posts
- Information Assistant: 101 Posts
- The reservation for various SC/ST/PWD category will be applicable as per the rules of state government
- Assistant Programmer: The eligible candidates, who are selected for the positions will be eligible for a running Pay Scale of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 and a grade pay of Rs.3600 in PB-II.
- Information Assistant: The eligible candidates, who are selected for the positions will be eligible for a running Pay Scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a grade pay of Rs.2800 in PB-I.
- Other allowances and facilities will be offered as per rules of the Rajasthan State Government
Essential eligibility Conditions:
- The candidates applying for these posts must be over 21 years and must not have attained more than 35 years of age as on 1-Jan-2014.
- However, the relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per the rules only for the natives of Rajasthan State. The relaxation in upper age limit for PWD candidates will be valid for all applicants.
- Assistant Programmer: The candidates must have completed Bachelors Degree or above qualification in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/ Computer Application/ Computer Sc. & Engineering OR, Should have completed 3 years Diploma in Computer Science/ Computer Application or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institute. The candidates should have typing proficiency of 20 words per minute in Hindi/ English typing.
- Information Assistant: The candidates must have completed Bachelors Degree or above qualification in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/ Computer Application/ Computer Sc. & Engineering OR, Should have completed 3 years Diploma in Computer Science/ Computer Application or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institute. The candidates should have typing proficiency of 20 words per minute in Hindi/ English typing.
- The candidates should have adequate fluency in Hindi Language and Devanagari Script and should have fair knowledge of Rajasthani culture and traditions.
- For UR, Creamy layer of OBC & creamy layer of SBC category: Rs.250
- For OBC-NCL and SBC-NCL from the state of Rajasthan: Rs.150
- SC/ST from the state of Rajasthan and all PWD candidates: Rs.100
NOTE: The fees can be remitted in any e-Mitra Kiosks or Citizen Service Centers (CSC)
- For all these positions the selection of candidates will be done through a Written Test, Skill Test (Type writing) and Personal Interview (if required).
- Only those candidates selected on the basis of merit will be allowed for recruitment
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of Rajasthan Department of Local Self Government at http://www.rajdlsg.org/
- The candidates are required to get acquainted with the eligibility conditions prior to applying for the jobs
- The candidates should complete all required fields with true information
- The fee payment should be submitted on or before the last date specified (21-Oct-2013)
- No copy of certificates (Photostat copies) should be sent to the RDLSG at this time
- The applicants are advised to keep one copy of the application form and proof of fee payment for future use.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh