Earlier known as Special Service Bureau under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, Sashastra Seema Bal has attained a special status among all the paramilitary cadres in the country at present. Sashastra Seema Bal has been reputed to its honor and bravery in maintaining law and order as a police protection unit guarding the borders. Better known as a wing of Central Armed Police Force, Sashastra Seema Bal has retained a glorious career since its establishment in the year 1963 in the light of Indo-China conflict during that period.
Presently Sashastra Seema Bal is inviting application from dedicated and competent Indian Male citizens to join Assistant Sub-Inspector (Stenographer). There are total 28 positions advertised including 03 posts for Ex-Servicemen candidated, which will be filled through competent selection.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the essential credentials are mentioned as under:
Posts to be Filled Up with Numbers:
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Stenographer): 28 Posts (UR-13 + 3 (Ex-SM), OBC-07, SC-03, ST-02)
Last date for Application form submission:
- For all areas except far flung areas as demarcated by the government: 30-Nov-2013
- For far flung areas as demarcated by the government: 07-Dec-2013
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The applicants selected as ASI (Stenographer) will receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a grade pay of Rs.2800 in PB-I.
- Other allowances and perks as admissible by the SSB as per SSB Act.
- The candidate should be within 18 to 25 years as on 01-August-2013 to be eligible to apply.
- However, the upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Ex-Servicemen candidates as per the government procedures
- A candidate must be a Indian citizen or an equivalence thereof in order to be considered eligible to apply
- The applicants must have passed Intermediate or Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) examination.
- The candidates should additionally have to pass the Stenography Skill Test with Dictation at a speed of 80 words per minute for 10 minutes and Transcription of Computer of the same in 50 minutes in English and 65 minutes in Hindi
Physical Standard: As per the rules and regulations of the SSB Act.
- Height: 165cm (male)/ 155cm (female), which is relaxable up to 162.5cm (male) and 150cm (female) of tribal candidates
- Chest: 77cm in male and should be expandable to 82cm, which is further relaxed till 76cm in male and with expansion 81cm for tribal candidates. Chest measurement is not applicable for Female candidates
- Weight: In proportion to height.
Selection Procedure :
The selection process shall consist of following stages:
- Documentation (All certificates, proofs and Application forms)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Written Examination
- Skill Test (Shorthand Test)
- Final Medical Examination
- Review Medical Examination
- Verification of Credentials and Certificates
Note: The final selection list will be prepared in order of merit, category wise, after completion of Review Medical Examination.
Where to Avail the Application Form:
- For General and OBC: Rs.50
- For SC/ ST/ Ex-Servicemen: Fees Exempted
How to Pay the Application Fee:
The Application Fee could be deposited in shape of Demand Draft only in favor of “Accounts Officer, FTR HQ, SSB, Guwahati, (Assam)” and should be payable at SBI Guwahati, (Assam)
How to Apply:
- The details of the Application Form is available at the website http://www.ssb.nic.in/, which need to be downloaded or computer typed in a good quality A4 size paper
- Candidates need to read the instructions and fill the application form as per the exact requirements
- Submission of filled-in application will be done by post to the address mentioned below
- The envelope containing the application should be super scribed in block letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT SUB-INSPECTOR (STENOGRAPHER)”
- Address to send the Completed Application Form:
The Inspector General, FTR HQ (SSB),
Guwahati, Nikita Complex, 345,
G.S.Road, Khanapara, Guwahati (Assam)
One must refer to official advertisement here www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_19114_43_1314b.pdf
Post Author: Priyanka Singh