State Bank Of India CRPD Announces 1500 Vacancies For Probationary Officers Cadre in 2013
Advt NO. CRPD/PO/2012-13/04 Date: 23-Jan-2013
Popular as the goliath of banking sector in India, State Bank of India (SBI) glorifies its presence being the single largest commercial banking institution of India since its inception. With its growth over post-independence era, it has merged many associate banks to its mainstream of operation and presently SBI with all its associate banks forms a mammoth size organization in banking and finance in India.
With a view to compete with the expansion and the reverberating trends of economical progress, SBI has announced to recruit almost 20000 posts in 2013. In line with the thoughts, presently SBI invites competent individuals to join as Probationary Officers. State Bank of India will induct 1500 PO posts for the year 2013.
The details of the vacancies and the most vital paraphernalia for recruitment are detailed as under:
MOST VITAL DATES:
- Date of commencement of Online Registration: 30-Jan-2013
- End Date of Online Registration: 23-Feb-2013
- Date for Payment of Application Fees (Online mode): 30-January to 23-Feb-2013
- Date for Payment of Application Fees (Offline mode): 01-February to 28-Feb-2013
- Dates for Written Examination: 28-April-2013
CADRE OF RECRUITMENT: Probationary Officers
DETAILS OF VACANCIES CATEGORY-WISE:
Total – 1500 positions out of which SC – 225, ST – 112, OBC – 405, PWD – 44
Note: There will be no reservation for OBC (Creamy Layer) and they will be treated as General
- The selected candidates who join the SBI as Probationary Officers will be entitled to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.14500 – Rs.25700 and other perks as per rules.
- The pay will vary as per city of service and as per rules. The present basic pay will be around Rs.16900 (with 4 revisions) for JMGS-I cadre.
- The candidates can expect a gross emolument of Rs.69000 for cities like Mumbai at the starting of their career.
The candidates who are finally selected for appointment will have to serve the SBI for a probation period of 2 years from the date of their joining. They will be provided with remuneration during probation period as per regulations.
APPLICATION FEES/ INTIMATION CHARGES:
- For General, OBC and others: Rs.200
- For SC/ST/ PWD candidates: Rs.50
a) The fees can be paid through Master/ Visa Debit/ Credit Cards online
b) The fees can also be paid through the system generated fee payment challan at any branch of SBI after registration from the 2nd day till next 3 working days.
OTHER ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The aspirant must not be under 21 years and over 30 years as on 01-Jan-2013
- Relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable as per rules
Education: (As on 01-Jan-2013)
- The aspirants must have obtained a Graduation Degree from a recognized university in India
- The selection of candidates will be done through a written examination followed by a round of Group Discussion and Personal Interview, subsequently with verification of documents
- Written examination will test the understanding in i) General English, ii) general awareness, iii) data analysis and representation, iv) Computer Knowledge and v) Marketing Aptitude
- The candidates have to secure a minimum percentile of marks (as decided by the SBI) along with passing in each section of the test
- The bank will be analysing the response of candidates with others in order to detect pattern of similarity. Such cases if detected will be liable for rejection and debarment from the selection procedure
HOW TO APPLY:
- The candidates can apply ONLINE only through the website of State Bank of India at www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in
- The aspirants are advised to fill in all details as indicated by the Online Application Form
- The aspirants are advised to refer to the website of the SBI at http://www.sbi.co.in/webfiles/uploads/files/1358846860536_SBI_PO_RECRUITMENT_ADVT.pdf for instructions regarding uploading photograph and running signature at appropriate spaces
- The application may not be accepted unless a candidate does not upload his photograph and signature
- Only after payment of requisite fees, the application form will be considered as complete and can be considered for scrutiny and further selection
- An Email ID (valid and functioning) is must for applying online
- Any misleading and wrong information may lead to disqualification of candidature
- All candidates are advised to keep the print copy of the Online Application Form and the Original Fee receipt for subsequent phases of selection
- The candidates are also advised to keep a proof of their identity such as PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID for production as and when requested
- All the eligibility conditions, age and qualification will be reckoned as on 01-Jan-2013
- The Admit card/ call letters will be made available on the website only. No hard copy will be mailed to applicants
- The bank reserves the right to decide the base criteria and change the number of vacancies intimated at its discretion
- The decision of the bank in any matter relating to the selection will be final and binding on the candidates
- However, for any such legal disputes all pleadings will be subject to the jurisdiction under the High Court of Mumbai
- Any form of personification or canvassing will be dealt as a serious breach of conduct and disciplinary actions will be initiated against such candidates
Post Author: Priyanka Singh