Established with the merger of Eastern and Western Shipping Corporation during the year 1961, the Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) was set by the Government of India. Starting out as a marginal Liner shipping Company with just 19 vessels, the SCI has today evolved into the largest Indian shipping Company. The SCI also has substantial interests in various segments of the shipping trade. SCI’s owned fleet includes Bulk carriers, Crude oil tankers, Product tankers, Container vessels, Passenger-cum-Cargo vessels, Phosphoric Acid/ Chemical carriers, LPG/ Ammonia carriers and Offshore Supply Vessels. Sailing through for nearly five decades, the SCI today has a significant presence on the global maritime map.
As a profitable commercial venture of the Government of India, the SCI has an excellent track record of profitability since its inception. The SCI’s annual performance has consecutively been rated excellent for a record 18 times, under the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with the Government of India. At present SCI is regarded as one of the most honored Navaratna companies of India.
With the recent notification from the SCI, there is a notification to induct Chief Engineer Officers in DGM/Manager Cadre from competent applicants.
The details of the criteria are as follows:
- Last date for Submission of Completed Application: 22-Nov-2013
- Date for reckoning eligibility: 30-Sep-2013
Number of vacancies: Total 16 Positions (OBC-04, SC-02, ST-01)
- For Mumbai/ Kolkata Shore Office: 15 Positions
- For Port Blair Shore Office: 01 Positions
- For Mumbai Shore Office: Minimum sailing experience as Chief Engineer Officer (FG) should be 12 months as on 30-Sept-2013.
- For Port Blair Shore Office: Minimum sailing experience as Chief Engineer Officer (FG/NCV) should be 12 months as on 30-Sept-2013. Candidates holding Class III COC (NCV) OR Class II COC (NCV) may also apply
The applicants must not have crossed 45 years of age as on 30-Sept-2013. There will be consideration for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates as per rules.
Emolument & Probation Perspective:
- The selected candidates have to serve the SCI on a Probation Period of 1 year.
- Selected candidates holding MEO Class I COC would be placed as Deputy General Manager in the pay scale of Rs.32900 – Rs.58000 with basic pay at the starting of the scale. The total emoluments would be approximately Rs.85000 (Rupees eighty five thousand only) per month.
- A higher starting salary commensurate with experience as Chief Engineer officer on a Foreign Going vessel may be considered in case of deserving candidates.
- However, candidates holding Class III COC (NCV) OR Class II COC (NCV) will be placed as Manager in the pay scale of Rs.29100 – Rs.54500. The total emoluments would be approximately Rs.75000 (Rupees seventy five thousand only) per month.
- The candidates will have to appear an Interview scheduled to be held at SCI, Mumbai.
- The SCI may shortlist candidates for appearing the interview.
- The final selection will be based on the performance in the Interview and the marks obtained in the Written Examination.
How To Apply:
- The candidates who are eligible as per the criteria set with this advertisement can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of SCI at http://www.shipindia.com/uploaded_pdfs/carreer/Advertisement.pdf
- The candidates need to ensure that they have all competencies as detailed in the eligible criteria as on the advertisement.
- The candidates need to send their application (hardcopy) attached that with the necessary documents (copy of proof of qualification, copy of COC, copy of CDC, copy of caste certificate) to the address mentioned below on or before the scheduled date.
- The address to send completed application:
The VP-I/c, SP&A
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.
Shipping House, 245, Madame Cama Road
Nariman Point, Mumbai – 400021.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh