Staff Selection Commission Upper Division Departmental Competitive Examination -2012
Advertisement No: 3/6/2012-P&P-II Dated: 11th of August 2012
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is announcing to hold a Departmental Competitive Entrance Examination for certain selected list of Upper Division Grade as per the availability of vacancies from different departments and service cadres.
The details of the conditions for this departmental examination are briefed as under:
Date of Entrance Examination: 4th of November 2012
Last date for submitting application form: 7th of September 2012
Centers of Examination: Allahabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Raipur
Services and Cadres Eligible for appearing this examination:
(i) Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service
(ii) Central Vigilance Commission Clerical Service
(iii) Central Secretariat Clerical Service
(iv) Department of Tourism (Headquarters Estt.) Clerical Service
(v) Election Commission of India Clerical Service
(vi) Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs Clerical Service
(vii) Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service
Information about the number of departmental staff to be selected for inclusion in the select list for the Upper Division Grade of the clerical service as mentioned above is awaited from the respective authorities.
Applications from eligible candidates are invited subject to their consideration in merit order and availability of vacancies in the respective cadres.
Reservation of post for SC, ST and PWD candidates will be as per the vacancy position reported to the Commission by the respective Cadres/Offices for concerned categories.
Conditions of Eligibility:
Any permanent, regular or temporarily appointed person of the Lower Division Grade of the clerical service as per the list enclosed above who satisfies the following conditions will be eligible to appear this examination.
- Reference Date: 1st of August, 2012
Length of Service: The applicant must have executed not less than 5 years approved and continuous Service in the Lower Division Grade of the Clerical Service.
- The candidate must have been appointed to the Lower Division Clerk by a Competitive Examination, including Limited Departmental Competitive Examination and the result of such examination should have been announced not less than 5 years before the reference date
- Lower Division Clerks, who are on deputation to ex-cadre posts with the approval of the competent authority, will also be eligible to appear this examination if eligible on other terms.
- This is not apply to a Lower Division Clerk who has been appointed to an ex-cadre post or to another service on “transfer” and does not have a lien in the Lower Division Grade of clerical service
Age: The applicant must not be more than 50 years of age on 1st August 2012. This provision is not applicable in case of LDCs belonging to Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service.
However there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per rules (details on the website of the SSC at http://ssc.nic.in )
Computers Skill Test: Unless exempted from passing the Monthly/Quarterly Typewriting Test held by the Staff Selection Commission for the purpose of confirmation in the Lower Division Grade, the candidate must have passed this test on or before the date of notification of the examination.
Results: Success in the examination is not the sole criteria for selection unless the cadre authority is satisfied. The authority will test the conduct in service and make sure to select the candidates who are suitable in all respect for selection.
- The Commission retains right to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subject of the examination.
- Marks will not be allowed for mere superficial knowledge.
- Deduction up to 5 percent of the maximum marks in the written subject will be made for illegible handwriting.
- Credit will be given for neat, effective and exact expression, combined with due intelligence of usages of words in all the subject of the examination.
Syllabus of the written Examination
Paper-I: General Awareness and Comprehension of English Language
Paper-II: Noting Drafting and Office Procedure
How to Apply:
- The applicants have to apply through a neatly printed application form (could be downloaded from the website of SSC at http://ssc.nic.in ) in exact format in a A4 sized bond paper (good quality paper)
- All information should be filled as requested in the application form
- The candidates need to put their signature and affix photographs at the designated spaces
- The application form must be filled in the candidate’s own handwriting
Where to send the application Form:
- The application completed in all respect must be sent to through the Head of his/her Department/Office concerned well in time and forward it to the Regional Director (NR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No.12, C.G.O. Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110504 so as to reach the same by 07th of September 2012.
- The application envelop must be super-scribed as “UPPER DIVISION GRADE LIMITED DEPARTMENTAL COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION, 2012”
- Last date for receipt of application form: 7th of September 2012 by 5 PM
- Last date for receipt from far-flung areas: 16th of September 2012
Post Author: Priyanka Singh