State Bank Of India Recruitment 2013 – A Mammoth Opportunity For A Dazzling Career For Everyone
As far as jobs in India are concerned, banking sector has always been a fascination for job seekers since its establishment. Although both private and government sector banks are in reckoning, the nationalised banks have a special attraction for candidates, among which State Bank of India is leading the list of preference. With thick salary packages, career growth prospects, emplacement advantages, conducive work environment and challenging job opportunities, jobs in State Bank of India have been in high demand among the aspirants who are seeking job changes. In such a context, people are constantly in the lookout for job advertisements for both clerical and probationary officer posts.
As declared in March 2012, 9500 clerical vacancies are being recruited for, interviews of which are currently in progress. Soon enough this drive would be completed and more 7740 vacancies in associate banks of SBI will be filled up, starting from October. If this has been major news for all those SBI job aspirants, then there is a job bonanza coming up in 2013, which is being termed as the recruitment project of State Bank of India.
- It has been declared that about 20,000 more jobs will be up for grabs in 2013, of which 19,000 would be for clerical positions, while 1000 PO posts will be up for partaking. Coming from the pens of top functionaries in SBI, this is the hottest news in this festive season for celebrations for millions of banking job aspirants.
- Presently in the pay rolls of SBI, all over the country, there are about 2.14 lakhs employees, working in different capacities. Of this, clerical grade staff numbers 95,018 while there are about 80,329 officers. There will more number of employees added to the present list, in branches all over the country.
The huge splash of recruitment, which is about to come up in the coming year 2013, is because of three very important reasons.
- More number of branches, possibly about 1200, is going to be opened up in various cities in the metro and semi urban areas. This plan has been consigned for fiscal year of 2012, and therefore to get staff for these new branches, a large scale recruitment drive is required.
- It has been estimated that about 30 to 35% of bank staff are in the verge of retirement in the coming five years, which is almost a figure of 70,000 to 80,000 people. To replace this magnitude of vacancies, both in PO and clerical categories, a significant number of people are supposed to be recruited.
- Among the huge number of staff present in various branches of SBI, the clerical staffs are a bit on the shorter side. This is the reason that the clerical posts are much higher than the officer posts.
The timing of announcement of recruitment into clerical and PO positions is not yet finalised, mostly because of the currently going on recruitment process of already declared written round results and the upcoming interview for about 7500 clerical posts. Since it will take some time to go through the process of filling up 19,000 posts, PO recruitment will be done first, followed soon by the recruitment for clerical posts. This will be expectedly completed by the middle of 2013, giving the banking jobs aspirants a lot of prospect and also time to prepare themselves for securing good marks with determination and a huge pile of self-confidence.
We shall be updating you for every information on Upcoming SBI Recruitment 2013 here – http://employmentnews.indialist.org/category/bank-jobs/sbi-recruitment/
Post Author: Priyanka Singh