Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) is a statutory organization at the state which is functioning as the nodal agency for competent selection of candidates for various Group ‘B’ and Group ‘A’ cadre positions in the state. Since its establishment in the state, this Public Service Commission is working seamlessly for recruiting candidates to gazette positions with competent selection norms. The candidates selected by the PSC are directly inducted for Public Services under the Government of Uttar Pradesh. The commission is functioning as per the guidelines of the Union Public Service Commission as the nodal agency at the state level.
With the recent notification, the UPPSC invites applications from competent candidates for selection of 953 Assistant Engineers (936 General + 17 PWD) through Combined State Engineering Services Examination-2013-2014 to join in the UP State Departments.
The details of the recruitment procedure are as follows:
- Date of publication of Notification: 24-Dec-2013
- Starting date for Online Registration of Application: 24-Dec-2013
- Last date for remittance of Application Fees at the bank: 20-Jan-2014
- Last date for Online Submission of Application: 24-Jan-2014
(Applications will be accepted only when fee is deposited in the Bank)
- Last date for final receipt of Hardcopy of the applications (by Personally/ Speed Post/ Registered Post): 03-Feb-2014 by 5:00 PM
- Date for calculation of Age: 01-Jul-2013
- Date of Examination: Will be notified through the Admit Card
Details of Vacancies to be filled up:
- Assistant Engineer-Civil under Irrigation Dept.: 640 vacancies (UR-320, SC-134, ST-13, OBC-173)
- Assistant Engineer-Mechanical under Irrigation Dept.: 89 vacancies (UR-63, SC-03, OBC-23)
- Assistant Engineer-Agriculture under Minor Irrigation Dept.: 10 vacancies (UR-06, OBC-04)
- Assistant Engineer-Civil under Minor Irrigation Dept.: 10 vacancies (UR-05, SC-02, OBC-03)
- Assistant Engineer-Mechanical under Minor Irrigation Dept.: 04 vacancies (UR-03, OBC-01)
- Assistant Engineer-Civil under Rural Engineering Services Dept.: 24 vacancies (UR-07, SC-05, OBC-12)
- Assistant Engineer-Electrical under Rural Engineering Services Dept.: 01 vacancy (UR)
- Bhumi Sanrakshan Adhikari/ Technical Officer under Land Dev. & Water Resource Dept.: 08 vacancies (UR-05, OBC-03)
- Assistant Engineer-Civil under Public Works Dept.: 240 vacancies (UR-114, ST-03, OBC-23)
- Assistant Engineer-Civil under Ground Water Dept.: 06 vacancies (UR)
- Assistant Engineer-Mechanical under Ground Water Dept.: 04 vacancies (UR)
SPECIAL RECRUITMENT FOR PWD CANDIDATES:
- Assistant Engineer-Civil under Irrigation Dept.: 17 vacancies
- Reservation for other candidates will be made as per the state government norms
Scale of Pay:
- The candidates selected for the position of Assistant Engineer will be eligible for a Pay Band-II in the range of Rs.15600–Rs.39100 with Grade Pay of Rs.5400 as for a Class-II Gazetted Officer.
- The interested candidates must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in concerned branch of Engineering/ Agricultural Science (as per the posts) with the specific disciplines from a recognized institute/ University
- For the post of Bhoomi SanrakshanAdhikari/ Technical Officer in the Land Dev. & Water Resource Dept., candidates having Diploma in Soil Conservation and Water Management will be preferred.
- Other qualifications being equal, candidates having 2 years service experience in Territorial Army / NCC ‘B’ certificate will be preferred for Employment.
- The candidates must have attained at least 21 years of age and must not have crossed maximum age of 40 years for General, as on 01-Jul-2013.
- For other norms for relaxation, please refer the original advertisement at http://uppsc.up.nic.in/View_Enclosure.aspx?ID=901&flag=E&FID=226
Mode of Selection:
- The selection will be done on the basis of a Written Examination followed by an Interview as per the decision of the UPPSC in consultation with the concerned Departments of the state.
- All attempts would be taken to conduct the selection in a free and fare manner.
- Unreserved (General) & OBC: Rs.215 (Exam fee Rs.200 + Online processing fee Rs.15)
- Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe from UP: Rs.95 (Exam fee Rs.80 + Online processing fee Rs.15)
- Physically Handicapped from UP: Rs. 15 (only Online processing fee)
- The fee can be deposited through the system generated e-Challan/ i-Collect at any branch of State Bank of India or Punjab National Bank and thereafter need to uploaded to the Online Application System for complete submission of application.
- Any correction in the application should be done by a fresh application and a fresh application fee will be required for such applications.
How to Apply:
The interested candidates can apply only through ONLINE mode of application as available through the website of UPPSC at http://uppsc.up.nic.in
The candidates are advised to refer to the detailed notification at http://uppsc.up.nic.in/View_Enclosure.aspx?ID=901&flag=E&FID=226, prior to applying Online.
There will be three stages for complete submission of Application:
- Stage-I will be general registration with basic information and bio-data
- Stage-II will be regarding submission of fees through the system generated E-challan and final submission of application
- Stage-III must be completed after depositing the fee at the State Bank of India or PNB. This can be done after 2 days of remittance of fees. At this stage the candidate has to scan and upload their photograph and signature.
- A Hardcopy of the application need to be sent to the UPPSC within the last date notified 03-Feb-2014) along with all necessary documents
- The Application once submitted, will not be allowed to be modified.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh