UPSC Recruitment 2013 For Geologists Examination Through Advertisement No. 11/2013
Examination Notice No: 12/2013-GEOL Date: 24-Aug-2013
Union Public Service Commission as the central level nodal agency for recruitment and commissioning of higher cadre posts (Group B and Group A) in the Government of India, is presently in the process of selection of candidates for various positions. Through UPSC Examination Notification No. 12/2013-GEOL, UPSC is inviting Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) from eligible candidates to join in the Central Govt as Geologist and Hydrogeologist in both Group ‘A’ & Group ‘B’ cadre.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for eligibility are as under:
Important dates to reckon for:
- Starting date of Online Submission of Application: 24-Aug-2013
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 23-Sept-2013 till 23:59 Hours
- Date for determination of eligibility conditions: 01-Aug-2013
- Tentative date of examination: 09-Nov-2013
Details of List of Services and Vacancies:
In Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines:
- Geologist, Group ‘A’: 50 Posts
- Assistant Geologist, Gr-I Group ‘B’: 25 Posts
In Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources:
- Jr. Hydrogeologist, (Scientist- B) Group ‘A’: 33 Posts
- Assistant Hydrogeologist, Group ‘B’: 39 Posts
Note: Reservation to SC, ST, OBC, PWD candidates will be applicable as per rules.
Education & Experience:
For the posts in Geological Survey of India:
- The applicants must have obtained Master’s Degree in Geology/ Applied Geology/ Geological Science/ Geological Exploration/ Engineering Geology/ Marine Geology/ Earth Science/ Oceanography or equivalent subjects
- Post-Graduate Degree and Diploma holders completing 2 years of course after graduation are considered equivalent as Master’s Degree holder.
For the posts in Central Ground Water Board:
- The applicants must have obtained Master’s Degree in Geology/ Applied Geology/ Marine Geology and must have obtained Master’s Degree in HydroGeology
NOTE: For other posts and details of vacancies the candidates can refer to the detailed advertisement at http://www.upsc.gov.in/ or at http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2013/geol/GELOGISTS’%20EXAM.pdf
Candidates can apply for multiple posts fulfilling eligibility conditions
- For the posts in Geological Survey of India: The applicants should have attained a minimum age of 21 years and should not have exceeded the maximum age of 32 years as on 01-Aug-2013 to be eligible to apply
- For the posts in Central Ground Water Board: The applicants should have attained a minimum age of 21 years and should not have exceeded the maximum age of 35 years as on 01-Aug-2013 to be eligible to apply
- For others you can note the detailed advertisement as stated above
- The applicants selected for various posts will be considered under the Pay Scale with various Grade Pays as per the nature of the posts. Candidates are advised to refer to the detailed advertisement to know the exact details.
Plan of Examination:
- The Selection Examination will consist of a Written Test and followed by a round of Interview and personality test. The final selection will be based on the performance in these two examinations
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women, PH candidates: fees exempted
- For OBC Male candidates the fees will be full and there is no relaxation in fees for OBC male candidates
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the Online Recruitment Application only as available at the website – http://www.upsc.gov.in . Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected
- The applicants are advised to submit a single application only
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and keep that with them for future reference
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
- The details about this advertisement can also be obtained from the website of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
- In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh