Examination Notice No: 08/2013
Date of Advertisement: 08-June-2013
Union Public Service Commission as the central level nodal agency for recruitment and commissioning of higher cadre posts (Group B and Group A) in the Government of India, is presently in the process of selection of candidates for various positions. Through UPSC Examination Notification No. 08/2013, UPSC is inviting Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) from eligible candidates to join in the Central Govt under various departments and ministries.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for eligibility are as under:
Important dates to reckon for:
- Starting date of Online Submission of Application: 08-June-2013
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 27-June-2013 till 23:59 Hours
- Last date for taking print out of the Online Application form: 28-June-2013 till 23:59 Hours
- Date for determination of eligibility conditions: Last date of submission of ORA
Details of List of Services and Education & Experience:
- Vacancy No. 13060801508: Extension Officer in Directorate of Extension, Pusa, New Delhi, Ministry of Agriculture – Total 2 Positions (UR-1, OBC-1) – Education & Experience – Master Degree in Agriculture/Agricultural Extension/ any of the Agricultural Sciences or, MBA with B.Sc. (Agriculture), Or, Master Degree in Rural Management along with 3 years of relevant experience in Agricultural Extension work – Desirable - Familiarity with the formulation and conduct of Extension Training Programmes
- Vacancy No. 13060802408: Economic Officer in Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Ministry of Agriculture – Total 2 Positions (UR-1, OBC-1) – Education & Experience – Post Graduate Degree in Economics or Applied Economics or Business Economics or Econometrics–
- Vacancy No. 13060803208: Company Prosecutor in Ministry of Corporate Affairs – Total 13 Positions (UR-3, SC-4, ST-1, OBC-5) – Education & Experience – Degree in Law from a recognized University or Institution – Desirable - Knowledge of Commercial Law. Experience of conducting Company Law cases. Government diploma in Company Secretaries
- Vacancy No. 13060804308: Assistant Professor in Computer Science in Indian Military Academy in Ministry of Defence- Total 1 Position (OBC) – Education & Experience – Good academic record with at least 55% marks at the Master’s Degree level in Computer Science. Should have cleared NET for Asst. Professors – Desirable – Proficiency in English medium of teaching in Computer Science along with Experience of Military Training/National Cadet Corps or Scouting
- Vacancy No. 13060805308: Assistant Professor in Political Science in Indian Military Academy in Ministry of Defence- Total 1 Position (UR) – Education & Experience – Good academic record with at least 55% marks at the Master’s Degree level in Political Science. Should have cleared NET for Asst. Professors – Desirable – Proficiency in English medium of teaching in Political Science along with Experience of Military Training/National Cadet Corps or Scouting
- Vacancy No. 13060806608: Junior Works Manager (Chemical) in Ordnance Factory Board in Ministry of Defence- Total 14 Positions (UR-8, SC-2, ST-1, OBC-3) – Education & Experience – M.Sc. in Chemistry or Degree in Chemical Engineering/ Technology
- Vacancy No. 13060807608: Junior Works Manager (Electrical) in Ordnance Factory Board in Ministry of Defence- Total 6 Positions (UR-5, OBC-1) – Education & Experience – Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Vacancy No. 13060808608: Junior Works Manager (Mechanical) in Ordnance Factory Board in Ministry of Defence- Total 154 Positions (UR-79, SC-20, ST-11, OBC-41) – Education & Experience – Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Vacancy No. 13060809208: Junior Scientific Officer (Explosives) in Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Ministry of Home Affairs- Total 2 Positions (UR-1, SC-1) – Education & Experience – Master’s Degree in Chemistry / Forensic Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects at Bachelor of Science level with 2 years experience of Analytical methods and research in the field of Explosives
- Vacancy No. 13060810108: Assistant Professor (Medicine) in Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – Total 30 Positions (UR-12, SC-4, ST-3, OBC-11) – Education & Experience – A recognized medical qualification included in the First or the Second Schedule or Part-II of the Third Schedule (other than licentiate qualifications) to the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 with 3 years of teaching experience in the concerned specialty as Lecturer/ Tutor/ Registrar/ Demonstrator/ Senior Resident after the requisite Post graduate degree qualification
NOTE: For other vacancies in Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Shipping, Ministry of Textiles, Chandigarh Administration, candidates can refer to the detailed advertisement at http://www.upsconline.nic.in/ora/candidate/VacancyNoticePub.php
Plan of Examination:
The Selection Examination will consist of a Written Test and followed by a round of personal Interview. The final selection will be based on the performance in these two examinations
Age Requirement (as on 13-June-2013):
- Not exceeding 45 years for the posts at Item Nos.10.
- Not exceeding 38 years for the post at Item No.4.
- Not exceeding 35 years for the posts at Item Nos.1, 5
- Not exceeding 30 years for the posts at Item Nos.2, 3, 9.
- Between 21 and 30 years for the posts at Item Nos. 6, 7 and 8.
- For others you can note the detailed advertisement as stated above
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty-five only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women, PH candidates: fees exempted
- For OBC Male candidates the fees will be full and there is no relaxation in fees for OBC male candidates
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the ORA only available at the website - http://www.upsc.gov.in or at http://www.upsconline.nic.in/ora/candidate/VacancyNoticePub.php . Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- The applicants are advised to submit a single application only
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and keep that with them for future reference
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
- The details about this advertisement can also be obtained from the website of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
- In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh