Union Public Service Commission is the sole authority entrusted the task of competent selection of Group ‘B’ and Group ‘A’ positions in various departments under the Government of India. At various times, depending upon the requirement, the UPSC releases notifications for various positions under the Central Govern.
Through UPSC Examination Notification No. 14/2013, UPSC is inviting Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) from eligible candidates to join in the Central Govt under various departments and ministries.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for eligibility are as under:
Important dates to reckon for:
- Starting date of Online Submission of Application: 28-Sept-2013
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 17-Oct-2013 till 23:59 Hours
- Last date for taking print out of the Online Application form: 18-Oct-2013 till 23:59 Hours
- Date for determination of eligibility conditions: Last date of submission of ORA
Details of List of Services and Education & Experience:
- Vacancy No. 13091401528: Director (Crops Development Directorate) – Total 1 Position (UR) – Education & Experience – Post Graduate degree in any branch of Agricultural Sciences along with Ten years’ experience in the area of production and productivity and related areas – Desirable- Doctorate based on work in plant breeding and genetics. Knowledge of the latest development and current research and extension work in food and cash crops. Expertise in writing technical reports of the above crops and Admin experience
- Vacancy No. 13091402528: Deputy Director in Department of Food & Public Distribution - Total 4 Positions (UR-2, SC-1, OBC-1) – Education & Experience – Master’s degree in Entomology/Plant Pathology/Biology/Bio-Chemistry along with Five years of experience in teaching/research /extension work.
- Vacancy No. 13091403328: Master Gazetted (Computer Science) in Rashtriya Military School - Total 5 Positions (UR-2, ST-1, OBC-2) – Education & Experience – Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Application along with Three years teaching experience in Computer subjects in Secondary or Senior Secondary Schools – Desirable - Experience in conducting adventure Sports and NCC/Scouts training.
- Vacancy No. 13091404628: Architect in Ministry of Health and Family Welfare - Total 1 Position (UR) – Education & Experience – Degree in Architecture with 7 years of experience – Desirable – Experience in Architectural planning of hospital and associated building complex
- Vacancy No. 13091405428: Director of Employment Exchanges – Total 1 Position (UR) – Education & Experience – Master’s degree in Economics or Statistics or Mathematics or Commerce or Psychology or Sociology or Social Work or Education with 10 years experience in Collection, analysis and interpretation of data or Socio-Economic Investigation or Employment service – Desirable – Doctorate in the relevant subjects.
- Vacancy No. 13091406228: Senior Scientific Officer Grade-I - Total 1 Position (UR) – Education & Experience – Masters’ Degree in Psychology or Education and PhD in the area of Test Construction with 7 years of experience
- Vacancy No. 13091407428: Economic Officer in Ministry of Labour & Employment - Total 2 Positions (UR-1, OBC-1) – Education & Experience – Post graduate degree in Economics or Business Economics or Applied Economics or Econometrics and must have studied Economics as a subject at Graduation level with Two years’ experience in collection/compilation and analysis of data.
- Vacancy No.13091408228: Assistant Geophysicist in Geological Survey of India - Total 67 Positions (UR-36, SC-09, ST-04, OBC-18) – Education & Experience – Master’s Degree in Physics or Geophysics or Geology or Mathematics or BE or AMIE in Electronics or Communication
- Vacancy No. 13091409428: Assistant Stores Officer in Indian Bureau of Mines - Total 2 Positions (UR) – Education & Experience – A degree in Science or Commerce with Two years’ Supervisory experience in the field of material management – Desirable - Post Graduate diploma in Material Management
- Vacancy No. 13091410228: Public Prosecutor in Central Bureau of Investigation – Total 85 Positions (UR-40, SC-11, ST-07, OBC-27) – Education & Experience – Bachelor Degree in Law along with Seven years practice at the Bar in conducting criminal cases
- Vacancy No. 13091411328: Assistant Professor in Child Development in Government Home Science College, Chandigarh - Total 1 Position (UR) – Education & Experience – Good Academic record with at least 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade at the master’s degree level in Child Development and should have passed NET form UGC
- Vacancy No. 13091412328: Assistant Professor in Clothing & Textiles in Government Home Science College, Chandigarh - Total 2 Positions (UR-1, SC-1) – Education & Experience – Good Academic record with at least 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade at the Master’s degree level in Clothing & Textiles and should have passed NET form UGC
- Vacancy No. 13091413328: Assistant Professor in Dance in Government Home Science College, Chandigarh - Total 1 Position (SC) – Education & Experience – Good Academic record with at least 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade at the Master’s degree level in Dance and should have passed NET form UGC
- Vacancy No. 13091414328: Assistant Professor in Food & Nutrition in Government Home Science College, Chandigarh - Total 1 Position (UR) – Education & Experience – Good Academic record with at least 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade at the Master’s degree level in Food & Nutrition and should have passed NET form UGC
- Vacancy No. 13091415128: District MCH Officer in Directorate of Medical and Health Services, Daman and Diu - Total 1 Position (UR) – Education & Experience – Medical qualification included in the First or Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule (Other than licenciate qualifications) to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. Must have completed compulsory internship and should have 1 year experience in Paediatrics. Experience in the General Medical Practice is desirable.
NOTE: For details of vacancies the candidates can refer to the detailed advertisement at http://www.upsc.gov.in/recruitment/advt/2013/14_13_eng.pdf
Plan of Examination:
The Selection Examination will consist of a Written Test and followed by a round of personal Interview. The final selection will be based on the performance in these two examinations
The applicants selected for various posts will be considered under the Pay Scale with various of Grade Pays as per the nature of the posts. Candidates are advised to refer to the detailed advertisement to know the exact details.
Age Requirement (as on closing date):
- Not exceeding 50 years for the posts at Item Nos.1 and 5.
- Not exceeding 40 years for the posts at Item Nos.2, 4, 6 and 13.
- Not exceeding 35 years for the posts at Item Nos.10, 11, 12, 14 and 15.
- Not exceeding 30 years for the posts at Item No.3, 7, 8 and 9.
- For details you can note the detailed advertisement as stated above
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty-five only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women, PH candidates: fees exempted
- For OBC Male candidates the fees will be full and there is no relaxation in fees for OBC male candidates
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the ORA only available at the website – http://www.upsc.gov.in . Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected
- The applicants are advised to submit a single application only
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and keep that with them for future reference
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
- The details about this advertisement can also be obtained from the website of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Post Author: Priyanka Singh