West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Recruitment 2014 for 1131 Positions of Sub-Inspector Of Food (Grade-III)
As a state level nodal agency for competent selection and recruitment for various state cadre government positions, the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is operating from West Bengal, with a dedicated service for the state. The commission is responsible for recruitment and selection of eligible and competent candidates for various state government jobs and other institutions under the state government departments.
With the recent announcement from West Bengal SSC, applications from eligible and qualified candidates are invited for job positions of Sub-Inspector of Food (Grade-III) for various Regional and District Offices of Government of West Bengal.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for selection thereof are described as under:
- Starting Date for submission of completed application: 11-Feb-2014
- Last Date submission of completed application: 14-Mar-2014
- Date for availability of Admit Card: by 23-Mar-2014
- Date of examination: 22-June-2014
- Date of publication of Results of Written Test: August 2014
- Date for Interview/ Personality Test: August-Sept-2014
- Publication of Final Results: October-2014
- Final Appointment of Candidates: November 2014
Details of the vacancies:
- Post Code – 595 – Sub-Inspector In the Sub-Ordinate Food & Supply Service (Grade-III): Total 1131 Positions
- Unreserved: 339 Posts
- Unreserved (Orthopedically Handicapped): 34 Posts
- Unreserved (Ex-Serviceman): 45 Posts
- Unreserved (Meritorious Sports Persons): 22 Posts
- Unreserved (Exempted Category): 181 Posts
- Scheduled Caste: 158 Posts
- Scheduled Caste (Ex – Serviceman): 12 Posts
- Scheduled Caste (Exempted Category): 79 Posts
- Scheduled Tribe: 46 Posts
- Scheduled Tribe (Exempted Category): 22 Posts
- Backward Class-A: 79 Posts
- Backward Class-A (Exempted Category): 34 Posts
- Backward Class-B: 57 Posts
- Backward Class-B (Exempted Category): 23 Posts
Note: The actual vacancies may increase or decrease as per requirements and at discretion of SSC
- The candidates selected will be eligible to receive remuneration in the Pay Band-II in the scale of Rs.5400 – Rs.25200 with initial pay of Rs.6240 and Grade Pay of Rs.2600 along with other perks and allowances.
Criteria for Age:
- The candidates should have attained a minimum age of 18 years and should not have crossed the max age limit of 40 years as on 1-Jan-2014.
- Date of birth as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent Admit Card/ Certificate will only be accepted.
- However, the age relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable for candidates belonging to respective identified categories (SC, ST, BC-A, BC-B, PWD, etc.)
Criteria for Education & Skills:
- The applicant must have passed Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
- The candidate must ability to read, write, and speak both Bengali and Nepali.
- The candidates must possess sound health, ability to undertake extensive tours in rural areas of West Bengal.
- The above noted qualifications must be possessed by the Candidate on or before the date of publication of the advertisement.
Application Fee and Intimation charges:
- For SC, ST & PWD from the state of West Bengal: Rs.20 for processing fee only
- For all others along with ST, ST from other states: Rs.220 as examination fee and processing fee.
- The payment of Application fees can be done through Online Net Banking or through Sahaj Tathya Mitra Kendras (by cash) or through post offices of the state where fee-payment facilities are available.
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted.
* Please note that
Rs. 6/- only will be charged by the Postal Department as “Service Charge” for availing e-payment. Don’t forget to have receipt against deposit of Examination fees and / or Processing Fees, which has to be pasted at the space provided for affixing the receipt in the application form.
Rs. 5/- only will be charged by the concerned agency as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking facility.
Rs. 20/- only will be charged by the Tathya Mitra Kendra for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with Scanned Copies of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
- The selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Written Test and Personality Test as per the discretion of the West Bengal SSC.
Mode of Application:
- The applications are intended to be filled through Online mode and through the prescribed format of application only as available at the website of the West Bengal SSC at www.wbssc.gov.in
How to Apply:
- Before applying Online/ Offline, the applicants should read through the detailed advertisement available at http://wbssc.gov.in/images/notice/detail_notice_food.pdf, to understand the terms and conditions.
Eligible candidates may apply online through Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in
On successful submission of the online application an auto generated receipt with Registration Number will be generated. Please noted that for all future correspondences.
THROUGH Tathya Mitra Kendras:
Government of West Bengal has set up more than 1800 Tathya Mitra Kendras up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal. Applicants may approach any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras, and so the staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra will fill up the online application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant.
Applicants are suggested to keep the printed receipt with registration number with them for future references.
Candidates may download application from official website of West Bengal SSC, or purchase from Tathya Mitra Kendras at cost of Rs. 6/- only.
While downloading the application form, a Unique Number and Bar Code will appear in the form. Please verify the same. Without Unique Number and Bar Code, application will be rejected.
Applicants may now printed on both side of a 75 GSM A4 Size Paper only.
Thereafter, the hardcopy of the application/ Offline copy of the application must be forwarded to the SSC at the address mentioned below so as to reach by the last date denominated (preferably through Registered Post/ Speed Post)
The envelope containing application must be super-scribed as “NAME OF THE RECRUITMENT and NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR”
The name of the examination is “SUB – INSPECTOR OF FOOD RECRUITMENT 2014”
Address to send the completed application along with fee payment challan copy:
The Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission
Mayukh Bhaban, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
Candidates also have option to submit the form personally in the drop box to be kept at the enquiry counter of the Commission’s office at Mayukh Bhavan (Ground floor), Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091.
- The candidates should ensure that their personal email ID is kept active during the recruitment period
- The candidate should fill in competent details with factual information.
- The candidates should upload their photo and signature at appropriate spaces (if applying through Online mode)
- The candidates are advised to keep the copy of the Application Form with the copy of fee payment receipt for future reference.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh